Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #61
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default Re: Vl turbos

I owned a XF years ago but always wanted a VL. They were cooler lookin and quicker stock for stock.

But nothing could beat a XF rear seat for the drive ins with some chick.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #62
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultvict View Post
True that. I spun out a few times in the AU. If it had been written off next year I know I would have gone the G6E turbo, kinda scary to give a 22yr old that much power...
I owned an LS1 at 19... I bought an F6 at 21... perfect driving record, no at fault accidents... age counts for nothing, attitude counts for everything.

Educate rather than legislate is my motto.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #63
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa View Post
Ryan: Would never have expected you to have parted ways with yours :P, looked quite good with the VY SS 18s.

Doesn't your old man own the V8 VL?
I remember seeing the build thread a few years ago.
It was a hard decision as I had the car for 9 years, but I felt it needed to be done. It was getting too old to be a daily and to be quite honest after having my SS for the last 6 months or so I should've done it a long time ago. I'd buy another VL as a weekender, but not as a daily. The SS is just worlds apart.

My old man sold his VL earlier this year. It's now up in Emerald. The bloke flew down and drove it back up. Pretty crazy to drive it over 2000kms after it hadn't been driven for about 5 years.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #64
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I firmly believe that VL's have aged far better than VN/VP's have...a clean VL will still draw your eye on the street, especially if it was a Calais with that great front end and the pop up headlights. The best one I saw recently was a light metallic green coloured VL (just an Executive or something, not a Calais), dark tint, lowered, on 16" steel interceptor wheels with low profile tyres. It just looked "right". I've also seen a bright yellow one done the same, and it too looked good.
Most VN/VP's you see, unless they are a well maintained SS or something, just look like run-down crap nowadays...even the ones that have had an effort made to look after them have dated badly, and the plastics (of which there were a lot on the car) just haven't held up.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #65
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I firmly believe that VL's have aged far better than VN/VP's have...a clean VL will still draw your eye on the street, especially if it was a Calais with that great front end and the pop up headlights. The best one I saw recently was a light metallic green coloured VL (just an Executive or something, not a Calais), dark tint, lowered, on 16" steel interceptor wheels with low profile tyres. It just looked "right". I've also seen a bright yellow one done the same, and it too looked good.
Most VN/VP's you see, unless they are a well maintained SS or something, just look like run-down crap nowadays...even the ones that have had an effort made to look after them have dated badly, and the plastics (of which there were a lot on the car) just haven't held up.
Never really liked VNs or VPs even though I love Commodores. I agree they haven't aged that well.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post