Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Fairmont4me
EL Fairmont and EF Daily

Question Advice on Audio Install

Hi all, have just been planning the audio system for my EL Fairmont. Just wanted to hear what you guys think about what I have came up with.

I'm thinking of using the pioneer DEH-P5750MP Headunit. Is this any good?

Jaycar Precision Response Kevlar Splits for the front powered by the headunits mosfet 50 amplification.

Pioneer 6x9 3 Ways in the rear parcel shelf powered by two channels on the Jaycar Response 4x 50WRMS Amplifier

The amplifiers other two channels would be bridged to run a pioneer 12 Inch Sub

and then I was thinking because I have to extra mosfet 50 channels left on the headunit I might use them to power some pioneer 6 Inch 2 Ways mounted in the rear passenger doors.

Does this sound like a good set up and is it all possible like the rear door 6 Inchs? Thanks

Fairmont4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
5L
[ 5L ]

get the pioneer deck yeh there decent but keep the rest re/sponse from jaycar there 12 inch 300wrms sub would kill the pioneer one and prob cheaper anyway
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

My set up is very simular
i have the jaycar Kevlar 6.5" split in the front run by a Pioneer Headunit and its great. you need spacers and i put a thin bit of foam between the door and the spacer to seal it a bit better.

the rear i used the the 6.5" jaycar kevlar 2 way.
they need spacers as well. easier than fitting 6x9's

these speakers give plenty of mid bass and top end sound and i have found to be very punchy with the right music.

i have 2x 12 inch CERWIN VEGA subs run by a Digital 1000wrms amp.

very loud.

just dont forget to put the foam trim back on after fitting the speaker (goes between the trim and the door. it gives better sound.)

im not a fan of the 6x9's and there not really needed and they have the potential to look ugly unless you are handy with fibreglass and want to build a custom parcel trim.

ill stop dribbleing now.
Old 13-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah doesnt sound bad, i would run a jaycar 2x100rms for the 6x9's and then a 1x500wrms for the 12" jaycar sub, would be a pretty decent system, u need an installer? ;)

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

anyone know where i can find an article on installing 6x9s in the parcel shelf. I have read it somewhere but F knows where that was.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
EDXR6T

yer im going jaycar amps
im going too b running 2x12 kicker CVR subs
and pionner yellow series 6x9 and 6.5
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
5L
[ 5L ]

the only way to do it when using a standard parcel shelf is to cut the parcel shelf yeah you get bass but i would rather have clarity in the speakers and go for 6" speakers and have bass runnning through a sub. but if you want to cut your parcel shelf it is a big NO NO and it classes the car as having a structual defect so id rather not go through all the hassles. or you could make it look crap and put in spacers.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 13-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For a start I'd forget about using 6X9's if your going to run a sub...there is no point. If you want bass, it's going to come from the sub, the 6x9's won't add anything except maybe a canary when the cops pull you over and see that your parcel shelf is cut.

Now I don't know your listening preferences but in 'pro' systems the majority of the sound comes from the front of the car. As one smart person once said, "You don't listen to a concert from behind, do you"? The rear speakers are just used as 'rear fill'. IMO a better option would be to amplify the front Jaycar spilts from 2 of the amps channels and run some 6" speakers in the parcel shelf from the headunit. Then keep the sub bridged off the other two amp channels.

Don't even bother about rear door speakers.....less is more ;)
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #9
woodstock_rocks

doug, i was about to sit here and write a detailed version of what you just did, but you've summed it up nicely ;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
Fairmont4me
EL Fairmont and EF Daily

I'm going to do it in steps when I have the money probally 6x9's in the rear first to give me some bass and the front response precision kevlar splits for some better sound instead of the factory speakers. I already have a six stacker cd which will do for now until i get the money for a new headunit. Once all thats in I would get the amp and sub later. Would the 6x9's be a good choice for now before I get subs and once I get subs will they still give pretty good sound or am I better of with 6 Inch's all round splits in front and 2 ways in back
Old 13-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #11
5L
[ 5L ]

better will 6" looks so much better and they get good sound

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 13-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #12
Fairmont4me
EL Fairmont and EF Daily

Cool

I've been looking at the parcel shelf and I can't be bothered modifying it to fit 6x9's even if u used spacers still have to modify and would look rubbish. I'll just get some good 6 Inchs, what about 6.5 Inchs like the Jaycar Precision Response Kevlar 2 Ways. Anyway I have already got a 4x 50WRMS Avalanche AMP and 2 BOSS 1000 Watt subs I had on my home system with a fully adjustable variable active crossover I built, so I figure i'll just use these for now till I get a better amp and sub.

Wat are some decent 6 Inchs for the rear parcel shelf?

I have already decided on the Jaycar Response Precision Kevlar Splits for the front
Old 13-12-2005, 10:21 PM   #13
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you can still get them, bang for buck wise, the best 6.5" for bass were the Phillips/VDO 2 ways....

I haven't seen them around for a while though.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #14
Damo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
the 6x9's won't add anything except maybe a canary when the cops pull you over and see that your parcel shelf is cut.
don't say that Doug. :P Mine passed a RWC so it must be legit. :monkes:
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #15
Obriza
Banned

yeh, mine passed RWC aswell and the cops havent had a problem with em either...ive been pulled over many times. just for being a P plater out at 1am or later, its total bullsh*t!
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 01:43 AM   #16
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

The Response Kevlars go very well, i have 6.5" Coaxials in the rear, and will be getting a set of 6" Splits for the front, when they come in, in about 8 weeks time.
I am running a 2x150wrms for my 2 10" metal cone subs, and a 4x100wrms for my speakers.
Headunit is currently a Pioneer DEHP-8650, bloody awsome unit, but its for sale.
I am looking at an indash DVD/touchscreen.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=30262

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED
2008 MA XR5 Mondeo

2015 VOLVO V60 T6 R-DESIGN-POLESTAR Enhanced

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #17
LTDHO
The one and only

6x9's are good value. I use them as weights or magnets to hold stull on the shed wall. Do they have any other use?
The amount of time people have to me and soud they can't get their stereo sounding right with 6x9's are amazing. I just swap them with 6.5's and instant clarity!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post