Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #91
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFacts August 2012 (provisional)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
thats just twisting things around to allow you to kick ford. if you admit that its a large car segment issue then you are accepting that falcon is possibly doing ok in the circumstances and that would just be too hard now wouldn't it!!

diesel sales is speculation. you can't compare how diesel sells in a totally different segment. diesel has always excelled in the suv/4wd market. a few small cars offer it but in the mid/large passenger car segment, it is totally unproven and a big risk for a car maker that has very little funds.

would diesel work? there is zero evidence to suggest either way and obviously neither manufacturer is prepared to take that risk.
Well, I don’t know what is worse..
1) Putting Ford down (when they clearly deserve to be), in the hope they might read/ take on broad/ learn & change for the future
2) Thinking Ford craps Gold all the time & can do no wrong!!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #92
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
1) Putting Ford down (when they clearly deserve to be), in the hope they might read/ take on broad/ learn & change for the future
Well said.

Taking the second option sees Ford Aus in their current financial situation, with the axe hanging over 3000 local Ford manufacturing jobs: hardworking Aussies who have built an excellent Ecoboost Falcon that the general public doesn't know exists....
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #93
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Falcon + Territory = >Commodore = win

Not too bad a month for Ford, and the Ford local product is out-selling the Holden local product*

*Cruze doesn't really count does it? Imported CKD kits to keep the factory turning is all.
When you combine the Falcon and Territory numbers Ford Australia aren't doing too badly really (noting the market shifts and GFC etc).
Especially when you compare these combined to the Commodore total sales.
Maybe all Ford Australia needs to get out of the poo is to get a small car (Fiesta or Focus) down our line as well as the Falcon and Territory..?

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #94
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619

gee i'd hate to be your son. just never be good enough. imagine coming in the top 20 of over 100 competitiors? or coming 3rd (ford for the month of august) and being sent to my room with no tea for such a pathetic performance!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #95
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
gee i'd hate to be your son. just never be good enough. imagine coming in the top 20 of over 100 competitiors? or coming 3rd (ford for the month of august) and being sent to my room with no tea for such a pathetic performance!!
And I would hate to be your wife (if I was a women).. You always telling me I'm good, everything is great, don't worry... Only to come home & you have packed your stuff up & left for good! (when you have had 7-8 straight years of market share losts, including this year & this month, things can't be as great as you make out!!)

Any way, I can see we'll never agree, so I'm out!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #96
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They don't even locally produce a car in the top 10 and have recorded some of the biggest losses in Australian automotive history. They are drowning, not thriving.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #97
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
They don't even locally produce a car in the top 10 and have recorded some of the biggest losses in Australian automotive history. They are drowning, not thriving.

That loss was due to investment and development of global products...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #98
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Why don't you gentlemen settle down please. NOW.

There are plenty that thrive in support, and those that love the kick. It really is becoming very old. BACK ON TRACK.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #99
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Then there are some with NFI!

honestly, it's gone past the point of being tolerable.

An NFI section of the forum would be great?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #100
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And another one bites the dust
Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #101
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The graphical sales data for August has now been uploaded into the Technical portal.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread