Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AUIII Fairmont climate control way out

I noticed last night that my vents were blowing out air that was barely perceptible as "warm," even when set to 32C and a fan speed of 10. At first I thought it was my coolant being a bit low, but a topup made no difference. Was starting to wonder if the AU also suffered issues with the blend door, maybe mine had broken (happened in my EL). Then today I tried manually resetting the CC unit, voila, now it blows out HOT air again.

How can the calibration or whatever drift so far off that a soft reset is needed? I've seen the external temp reading go out before (once it showed -7 when it was actually about 15 degrees) but nothing seemed amiss on the display this time. Something was telling it that the ~20C air coming out of the vents was 32...

rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: AUIII Fairmont climate control way out

How do you reset the CC? My missus is complaining about mine in my 'lane, maybe it needs a reset.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AUIII Fairmont climate control way out

With engine running, you hold down one button then tap the other. I *think* it's the leftmost one you hold down (vent selection), then tap the right one (off?)

The display should show all segments and you'll hear the blend door wandering around. Self test and calibration takes about 10 seconds.

My 'mont does this all by itself every now and then when starting the engine. I don't know if this is a feature (periodic recalibration) or it's happening due to an electrical glitch.
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post