Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #61
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Have I lost my liscense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy92
Then how the hell did I lose 3?

I had a cracked P plate that had fallen behind my number plate on front, which you could still partly see the P.

And none on the rear.

Yet I lost 3 points?

Ask the RTA, or who ever is in charge of the licencing in your neck of the woods.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #62
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Ask the RTA, or who ever is in charge of the licencing in your neck of the woods.
I will.
buddy92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #63
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Have I lost my license?

When your licence is cancelled, they provide you with a list of offenses and when they occurred. They also provide the list of the number of demerit points each offense attracts. Either that, or you can ask and they must provide this information to you.

Re-reading a few things you have said, the police can book you for not displaying your P-plates correctly....ie having the P-plate particially blocked is an offense. They can also book you for not displaying P-plates period. Whether they're 2 seperate offenses or not, I have no idea.

So a bit more for you to look at

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 26-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #64
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:

I had a cracked P plate that had fallen behind my number plate on front, which you could still partly see the P.

And none on the rear.

Yet I lost 3 points?
Have you looked up your driving record to confirm, or are you just going off what the officer said? Go to the RMS website and look it up. If you lost 3 points for 1 P plate offence (as reflected on your driving record, not what some copper told you on the street) then I'll eat my hat.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #65
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Have you looked up your driving record to confirm, or are you just going off what the officer said? Go to the RMS website and look it up. If you lost 3 points for 1 P plate offence (as reflected on your driving record, not what some copper told you on the street) then I'll eat my hat.
The latest offence won't show up until it's proven - i.e. He pays the fine.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #66
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
The latest offence won't show up until it's proven - i.e. He pays the fine.
Exactly, which is why he should wait if he's due for greens or just accept that a P plate display fine is 2 points regardless of what some copper told him.
Old 26-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #67
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get my greens in August will it effect that?
Old 26-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #68
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And I have another question.

My car is due for rego on June 3, will it effect me getting it registered?
Old 26-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #69
Dave R

Quote:
I get my greens in August will it effect that?
You have a pretty good chance at escaping the suspension then. Don't pay the fine! The points aren't taken off your license until you pay it. So if you can stall them until you get your greens, then the points will be taken off your green Ps and you will be sweet.

So do nothing for now and wait until you get a reminder letter (about a month's time), then just before the due date on the reminder letter (a few days prior to the deadline) submit a request for review to the SDRO by posting them one of these forms:

http://www.sdro.nsw.gov.au/lib/docs/...sdr_pn_015.pdf

When the SDRO receives your request for review, they will freeze the infringement until they finish reviewing it which can take some time. Then eventually they will get back to you with the result of your request for review. It will probably come back negative and the infringement will still stand. However, they give you a further time period to pay the fine. Hopefully by the time this has all occurred, you have got your green Ps so when the fine IS paid, you will have 7 points and will not lose your license.

You will have no dramas registering your car. Just delay paying the fine for as long as possible using the method above and you have a good chance at escaping 3 months on the bus.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #70
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
You have a pretty good chance at escaping the suspension then. Don't pay the fine! The points aren't taken off your license until you pay it. So if you can stall them until you get your greens, then the points will be taken off your green Ps and you will be sweet.

So do nothing for now and wait until you get a reminder letter (about a month's time), then just before the due date on the reminder letter (a few days prior to the deadline) submit a request for review to the SDRO by posting them one of these forms:

http://www.sdro.nsw.gov.au/lib/docs/...sdr_pn_015.pdf

When the SDRO receives your request for review, they will freeze the infringement until they finish reviewing it which can take some time. Then eventually they will get back to you with the result of your request for review. It will probably come back negative and the infringement will still stand. However, they give you a further time period to pay the fine. Hopefully by the time this has all occurred, you have got your green Ps so when the fine IS paid, you will have 7 points and will not lose your license.

You will have no dramas registering your car. Just delay paying the fine for as long as possible using the method above and you have a good chance at escaping 3 months on the bus.
You're a legend, Will try that .

Probably heard it all before, But I'm not the average "P plater" people expect, no P plate is all I've ever been done for no hooning, speeding ect
Old 27-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #71
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
NSW sorry forgot to say.
That town you said you wen't to wouldn't happen to be Shalvey would it?
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #72
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
That town you said you wen't to wouldn't happen to be Shalvey would it?
Nah mate, I'm ashamed to say it.

Wellington
Old 27-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #73
Torment47
Mr Hoon

i think your somewhat safe, everytime i wen't to Shalvey ( through work) i **** you not i saw theifs everytime i wen't to the local shops...
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #74
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
i think your somewhat safe, everytime i wen't to Shalvey ( through work) i **** you not i saw theifs everytime i wen't to the local shops...
Yep just like Wellington. it's a tiny town, yet is crime rate is insanely high, check it out.
Old 27-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #75
a-total-tool

Quote:

And none on the rear.

Yet I lost 3 points?
P plates must be clearly displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle. If it is behind the number plate, it is obscured. The wording has changed since I had my Ps. You are no longer allowed to display them from inside the car (at the time I had mine, we were allowed, as long as there was no tinting or anything else restricting the visibility of the plate). I was told off several times (luckily not fined) as they were not able to tell the colour of the 'P', due the the purplish tint I had at the time.

What is the current demerit points for not showing the P plates? This may have changed?
I have 2 offences currently on my record. Both of them are for speeding, 20-30km over the limit. One in 2009 and the other one in March 2010. Neither offence was during a double demerit period. I have a total of 7 points on my record. The points increased between the 2 offences.
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #76
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
What state are you in?
In anticipation.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #77
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
In anticipation.

Apprears to be NSW. TORMENT 47 has sort of made a comment relating to the state and that user is from NSW.

Old 27-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #78
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah and I said I was from NSW when the person on the other page asked.
Old 20-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #79
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Did you phone the RTA and get confirmation of your situation?

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #80
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

According to here its 2 points and a $206 fine for not displaying P plates.

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #81
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

You're not having a very good run are you? Losing your license and being scammed by Nigerians, ouch!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #82
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Maybe they should go back to allowing P platers to display them inside their cars like us Victorians, mine are on the left side of the car, at the top of the front and rear windscreens.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #83
BradZ
I'm still alive

Im failing to see the issue here.

You have 4 points, you lost 5. That equals -1!

That means, no license. Problem solved, thank me later..

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #84
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Oh how I am not missing Australia when I read stuff like this.

The mere concept of having to ask for permission to travel is mind boggling. So much for our 'rights'...
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #85
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just got a letter today saying I will loss my license for 3 months from August 16th.

It says this, "When the suspension ends, you can undergo the required test or graduate to the next license stage as long as you have held the license for the required periods exclusive of any period of suspension. You can renew your license if you need more time in order to satisfy the minimum tenure requirements"

Does that mean since I get my greens on september 1st I won't now since the time in my suspension doesn't count? I get that right?
Old 16-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #86
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi op i am in nsw too and i lost so many reds and greens i just check everytime i get out and get free ones from the rta.

next time please check.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #87
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did check and I knew I didn't have one but nothing was open Anzac day to get any. And the police station isn't a big one so they were shut.
Old 16-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #88
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZ
Im failing to see the issue here.

You have 4 points, you lost 5. That equals -1!

That means, no license. Problem solved, thank me later..
NO, you start on 0 points and accumulate the points, therefore he has 5, when as a red P-Plate driver he can only accumulate 4.

Like wise as an unrestricted licence holder, you can only accumulate to 13 points, 14 if you have a National Professional drivers licence (National Heavy Vehicle licence)

Quote:
I just got a letter today saying I will loss my license for 3 months from August 16th.

It says this, "When the suspension ends, you can undergo the required test or graduate to the next license stage as long as you have held the license for the required periods exclusive of any period of suspension. You can renew your license if you need more time in order to satisfy the minimum tenure requirements"

Does that mean since I get my greens on september 1st I won't now since the time in my suspension doesn't count? I get that right?
Yep, thats correct, you will have to wait however long you missed while on your suspension, which in you case means about 15 days. Therefore 15 days after your suspension finishes you can go for your greens

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #89
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So if I lodge an appeal they will still be stopped on the 16th? Or lodge a appeal then go for my greens then I will lose them?