Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Would you consider a Falcon XR 2.0L Ecoboost?
Yes 90 51.43%
No 85 48.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #91
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Would you consider a Falcon XR 2.0L Ecoboost?

I would love to see an EcoBoost XR6 ... I think the improved handling characteristics of the lighter engine would be more relevant and shine a better value in an XR model ... However I do think Ford needs to create at least a small point of difference ... How about a slightly sportier exhaust with a slightly sportier engine tune (say Focus ST spec), surely from a development cost it would be minimal.
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #92
HLC
Audi S3

Ford need to take a MFY (Made For You) approach.

They have all these cars built on the same chassis with parts that are all compatible (or at least compatible in a package).

Let the customers pick and choose what they want to order, then build it in a prompt and reasonable timeframe.

A base model XT with XR6T driveline would make a sweet base for some tune shops to go nuts.

Or LSD in a G6ET for instance.

It's all to structured to differentiate models and stop overlap. When in this dire situation, you have to do what you have to do.
Old 25-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #93
bingoTE50
Steve

The Ecoboost is too expensive . I don't care that it is an expensive engine to produce,if you cannot get the price point down ,don't go to market. Or alternatively remove the choice , delete the I6 from the range now except for the XR6 Turbo and F6 which command a premium. Choice kills manufacturers ,too much inventory for suppliers and too much floor stock for dealerships.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post