Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tacho Calibration

Hi All,
I'm wondering if it's possible to have the tacho in an AUIII XR8 (or any AU for that matter...) recalibrated:

Say if I had an engine in that revved beyond the 7000rpm limit on the factory XR tacho and I had a new cluster background installed with 7500 or 8000 as the maximum with new spacing down the the usual 0 position.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this done? If my engine project goes ahead, I really want to keep the factory dash look with the only thing changed being the tacho scale- sleeper style.

madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: Tacho Calibration

How the flip do you run a motor to 7,000
Do you have an X3 flasher? That'll also tell you your RPM could compare to that.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tacho Calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
How the flip do you run a motor to 7,000
Do you have an X3 flasher? That'll also tell you your RPM could compare to that.
Easy- rebuild it or replace it with the right bits. There are BA I6's running to almost 9000rpm now and Windsors with a solid roller cam (plus other upgrades of course) could easily exceed 7000rpm. I don't have an X3 and as yet, there's been no indication it can do what I want with the dash...
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post