Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #31
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Re: How much is my car worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Even if and when you hit the wall , most financiers will come to some agreement with payments
The last resort for all parties is the repo route
This usually entails additional fees, that are added onto your final payout
Wether that be towing costs, storage costs, and the repo man, you will be slugged all this
Even after its repoed they usually give you a period of time to correct the situation , the car doesnt get taken monday and at auction tuesday
That aside , it seems that although you have money perhaps owing after estate settles, your dad or whatever you refer to him as, can be a right pain
Unless the estate or will states that % of procceds goes straght to you you gunna have another battle on your hands extracting said amount from another person
No 1/3rd goes to myself and my brother and sister. We split that in 3rds again. Let's just say without announcing the amount, it will allow me to pay out all debts and still have some left. But it won't be much, hence still selling a car. I don't want to have spent it all on debt. My gran would be happy it paid out my debts and save most of the remainder, but she would also like to see me have some joy, so we decided 1k was for toys we can't afford, 1k ea to my kids in a trust fund. A small holiday 400km away the rest in term deposit and use interest for things like holidays etc in future.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
BAFrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRL-94
i have to agree with GhiaEB, but im just as bad (without the kids). i went plan phone thinking it would be cheaper and it had all the extra's with it and everything. was a good deal for the first few weeks...
Similar story to myself. Bought my first car (AU2 on unsecured loan), wrote it off five days later, got lumped with $1350 excess due to my age, and received my first iPhone 4 bill in the same week... And that was $600!! Oh, and because I was working "too much" I got dumped by Centrelink and was forced to quit Uni just before the end of semester.

That was two years ago... I'm now working my way out of debt, because I think I've learned the same lesson. I've considered the same, selling the BA, but I know I would only lose money in the process and end up with something far less reliable.

My 2c.
2004 BA1 Futura - XT/Ghia headlight clusters, satin black upper and lower grilles, black slim plates, red interior LEDs, Clarion 6.5" upgrade, XR alloy pedals, FG alloy scuff plates, wheels, tint and lower to come...
BAFrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #33
KRL-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFrod
Similar story to myself. Bought my first car (AU2 on unsecured loan), wrote it off five days later, got lumped with $1350 excess due to my age, and received my first iPhone 4 bill in the same week... And that was $600!! Oh, and because I was working "too much" I got dumped by Centrelink and was forced to quit Uni just before the end of semester.

That was two years ago... I'm now working my way out of debt, because I think I've learned the same lesson. I've considered the same, selling the BA, but I know I would only lose money in the process and end up with something far less reliable.

My 2c.
i bought (swapped) my first car for a gym set i worked my *** off to get. the day i got it i took it to a family friend who had the car, swapped it, towed it 500m down the road and owned it for a year, got a tip on another family friend who was selling his troopy, so i sold my datsun 720 for $350, used that as a deposit on the 'cruiser, and after a week at work, earnd $250 and that paid the owing $200 left on it, and gave dad the $50 for fuel for helping me bring it home. i've owned it for just over a year now. then the phone came along, so it stay's off the road for a little long til i can afford the front window, roady and rego. all up, under $1000 to put it on the road again.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post