Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Re: our car or your car?

The ute is definately mine. Never even allowed the missus to sit in the drivers seat. She has her own little car.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

My, our. What difference does it make, really?

My missus can't even drive but the F6 is our car.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #33
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
My car is my car, hers is hers...
Yup same here.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting thread!

When we were together the EF XR6 was all we had. She worked my days off and I worked hers so one of us was always with the kids and had the car picking the other one up from work.

I started my own business as a Defensive Driving Instructor so had my own vehicle to use and she had exclusive use of the XR6. After a few years we split so because I was not there to wash / polish / service the vehicle (OUR) pristine XR6 was not washed / cleaned / serviced for many many years. the result was it now sits derelict in her yard (cobalt blue manual with 142,000k on it.)

She now has a FG XT (HERS) and because she has to pay for it she is religious about cleaning / servicing. She recently asked me if I would like to restore the EF XR6 as (OUR) car for use when ever one car is off the road for whatever reason - (HIS) is an AU 111 XR6 - more than likely will. Have been separated for 15+ years, not divorced, live at separate addresses, with separate lives but make better friends than husband / wife.

Does $12,000 sound too much for a restoration job for the EF. She wants it totally standard where I would like to fit a Ghia interior and very minor mechanical changes.
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #35
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

If im paying for it, its my car. 'nuff said.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Getting a 6L VE Calais soon and it'll be mine. I don't mind being single.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
Oldbugger

My toy is the FG GT the wife's car SY Territory is our car. The wife is not interested in driving my toy in case she bends it and then she'd be the ex wife.
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #38
RAPID_BA
Banned

My mrs can drive my xr8 as long as she dont bend it or park it anywhere except her mums place. Also no potholes or clipping roundabouts.

Her car has fpv 19s on it now so ive told her not to clip roundabouts, parallel park or hit potholes in her car. She says "yeah yeah yeah" so far so good. She dont let me drive her car unless it needs a service or fuel.

My second car is a ltd and its always outside ready to go. The 65 series tyres on stock rims largely negate my potholes and clipping roundabouts/parallel parking paranoia. But she wont drive it as she likes her car more.

But she wants to turn the tables, sell the lot of them and buy an our car. Not gonna happen.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
Cúl-Báire

We call them "our" cars but the the XR8 ute is "mine", the XR6 is "hers", she hates driving the ute, I hate driving the sedan so it's win/win.

However lately she's been taking about how we should sell both, and buy a small ecconimcal car for my daily (which is what we were looknig for when I got the ute), and whatever else as "family" car... Her idea is flawed however as I am sure she isn't too intersted in a supercharged v8 as a family car :-P
Cúl-Báire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #40
Zaxx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Everything that is mine, is ours. Everything that is hers, is ours. The only "yours or mines" we run are to do with care and responsibility.

In marriage, it's all or nothing for me.

How it should be mate.
Kudos to you for that attitude.
It's a rare one.

For example.. if anyone other than my girl spilt stuff in my car, i'd ruin them.
But if she spills stuff, or leaves a bit of mess, or clutters my console with nail files, and combs, and brushes, and used loyalty cards..
I couldn't care less
Girls, are girls, and I love mine
Zaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #41
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Seems like we all have the balls to do what makes us happy.
Put ya foot down on that one Hulk!
I work hard and buy what I want as long as my family does not suffer from it.
The wife works hard at home and with the kids (she has been on enough holidays without me so I know its hard to keep a bouse and kids EVERY day)
The wife can have any toy she wants too. And we both know it

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post