Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: To Tease, or to Please...

Considering i didn't follow the trend of all my mates who went out and bought Commodores i must say mine was to please with just a tad of tease knowing that my Barra can eat those Ecotech's. All my mates fit big shinny 20" wheels to their cars where i like the stock modified look so I stuck with my genuine GT-P 19s.
But i must say its a good feeling getting looks and comments from total strangers.

Last edited by lockieoc; 07-01-2012 at 05:11 PM.
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's actually difficult question to answer .. In my case probably a bit of both. Personally I prefer American cars because they are different and I like the "different" American cars like AMC/Ramblers, Studebakers, Plymouths, etc .. I just see certain cars and like their looks .. And typically other people always notice ( they might not like but they notice! )
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #33
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

I've never been much of a show off (heck, I've never been an overly social person either! lol), so my only aspirations are to own a neat daily driver that is to my liking - if other people don't like it, too bad, they can go buy their own car and do it their way if it's such a worry...
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #34
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Remember buying some bits at Autobarn once, when one of the assistants
(around 20yrs old) came up and asked if I was doing up the BA. Said no not really, I just replace the parts as they wear out with what I regard as better whether that be aftermarket or still OEM parts plus I may add some little additions from later models that I think improve it. He asked if I have done the exhaust, and since the answer was no he couldnt disappear quicker. So I guess I own / prepare to please myself. Guess I wont be part of the cool group then?
And in 25yrs when he is searching hard for an original, (or close to) unmolestered car he'll be glad there was boring people like me around.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #35
nstg8a

probably 70/30 split for me, i do mine up to please me, but also like it when others say positive things about.
couldnt care less if someone doesnt like it, but as said earlier, criticize with respect, i hate being disrespected, and to me, my car is an extension of me.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #36
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To please me. Nothing teasing about my 8 year old BA na 6
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #37
superfly
Go the Hogster!

To please myself. My previous car was a modified WRX with straight cut gears. You couldn't go anywhere without people staring at you. It sounded awesome but was hard to be anonymous. Now in the XR50, I just blend in with the crowd.
I still wash the car as often as I can as I like driving a clean car. Makes me feel better. Don't care what others think about my cars.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #38
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To please. A lot of the fashion threads on this very forum trash the kind of car I like to drive. stock rims, fat tyres, monster tacho, exhaust, cage, low, etc... Doesn't stop me. I'm not really one for the fads either and tend to stick with what I like.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #39
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To please. My VL would get smashed in a race, so it's been built to my liking. I enjoy when people come up to me and say "nice VL mate". Something I'll miss when I sell it.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #40
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I build & buy to please myself.

The fact I love AUs should be suffice reasoning.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post