Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Default DIY servicing

Hi Guys,

Im going to do the 110,000 KM service on my car in two weeks. This will be the first time i have done a service on a car because it was previously always taken to ford, where i have gladly taken a reaming for the convenience of not having to do it. After my last few services, you will see why I have chosen to go DIY. It has cost me over a thousand dollars for 2.5 services and i think i can do it a little cheaper (and know that the job is done right, not some half assed job).

Im basically after some advice on what i should be changing and then what i should be checking. I have lined up a mate who can help me who does this stuff all of the time, but i want to go into this with a bit of a plan first. Below is a 20,000 KM history of the car.

90,000 KM Service
  • Replace Engine Oil and Filter
  • Inspect Brakes, suspension and driveline
  • Inspect all lights
  • Steam Clean the engine
  • Adjust handbrake
  • Road tested vehicle
Total cost - $241.95 ($159.50 labour)
Here, all they have done is change the oil and claim to steam clean the engine. I have emmited another page worth of BS from the job report.

100,000 KM Service
  • Replace Engine Oil and Filter
  • Supply and fit new fuel filter
  • Supply and fit new spark plugs
  • Inspect all lights
  • Perform a transmission service
  • Adjust handbrake
  • Flush cooling system and add new coolant
Total cost - $666.40 ($264.25 labour)
Here, they have changed the oil, fuel filter, coolant and spark plugs and done a transmission service.

So my plan is to change:
  • Oil and filter
  • Diff oil (i dont think this has been changed in the life of the vehicle)
  • Adjust handbrake again
  • Check brake pads because they feel 'glazed'

Is there anything else i should be checking? Anything else i should be changing here?

Hopefully i will learn a bit doing this. I need to learn alot of this stuff before i start modifying the car and have to do it all myself.

Cheers guys,
Michael

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hi mate, i think you might find this thread useful, i have!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=15225

cheers
rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post