Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
fordnuttz

Default Ford Fan loyalty at Adelaide Show

I went and checked out the show yesterday to stay in the good books and to check out the bikes and utes. One thing always good about the show is the motor pavillion. I have got to say that Ford easily had the best stall and the most people were there.
They had the GT black as well as the Territory Titanium, new Focus among others. Even the missus who prefers Holdens admitted how nice the new Fords were and even considered a new Focus as a trade up from her Mazda 3.

I know there are numerous threads about this already and I dont normally comment, what annoyed me was during the ute challenge. 2 SS utes vs 2 XR8s. Earlier in the day the FG creamed them but when being awarded the prize it seemed as if the Ford supporters were too scared to acknowledge it.

In contrast at night time when asked if the crowd thought Ford won there was barely a noise and some half attempted clapping from a few as if they were scared to voice their opinion. When asked if they thought it was Holden the place erupted.

I understand that many of Holdens followers are sheep and many bogans in Adelaide but what annoyed me was Fords loyalty. I saw plenty of FPV jumpers and heard people in the crowd half cheering so why not voice that opinion.

They are obviously down on supporters but instead of hiding because your in the minority why not provide support and make the few supporters seem just as loud and proud as the sheep. I think after reading many posts on this forum for a long time its easy to understand. Ford followers are too happy to bag their own product whilst Holden are going the opposite direction.

If you drive a Ford and thats your car of choice why not support them and use constructive criticism instead of bagging them. After all it may help in drawing new customers to the company and help keep the Falcon in Australia

Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Fan loyalty at Adelaide Show

its a sad fact but the red sheeple outnumber us immensely.... stupid is a stupid does....
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was probably the location that had a lot to do with it. Adelaide is the home of Holden, after all, and a lot of people at that show probably have had friends or relatives working for Holden at one time or another. If the same situation occurred here in Geelong, the opposite would be true.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

never been on the mountain and screamed GO DICKY...

Last edited by DJM83; 11-09-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz

This is primary school stuff......seriously.
sounds like you were in the crowd at the Adelaide show ey..
Old 11-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
never been on the mountain and screamed GO DICKY...
Never have, but would have loved to. Well i have but from my lounge chair

Its amazing some of the members that are on here have absolutely no interest in the Ford brand. If you have no interest in the brand what are they doing here?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
fordnuttz

Its not just it being the show. The show is a small part of a bigger picture. If you cant support who you like on a small scale then you have no chance on a big scale.
Yeah I understand it is Adelaide and it's kind of to be expected but there were many Ford people that you could see that were hesitant to applaud or show support or did a very half arsed attempt.

The post just relates to the general lack of loyalty and bagging Ford fans seem to have for their own company
Old 11-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnuttz
Its not just it being the show. The show is a small part of a bigger picture. If you cant support who you like on a small scale then you have no chance on a big scale.
Yeah I understand it is Adelaide and it's kind of to be expected but there were many Ford people that you could see that were hesitant to applaud or show support or did a very half arsed attempt.

The post just relates to the general lack of loyalty and bagging Ford fans seem to have for their own company
mate.. obviously there wasnt a short dude with his FPV bucket hat on in that crowd.. you definately would have heard me.. we are rare but we are out there...
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Its amazing some of the members that are on here have absolutely no interest in the Ford brand. If you have no interest in the brand what are they doing here?
Hey DJM83 have you gone undercover, you know like a spook....

Just noticed all the moderator stuff around your avatar has gone but your still whacking posters that get out of hand....

Plain clothed moderator...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
prydey
Rob

i was a bit annoyed that all the cars were locked except for the territory. i guess this stops the tyrekickers a bit and personally i had no intention of buying anything myself, but its nice to get an idea of what the newer models have. wanted to sit in the new focus to compare it to the wife's LS.

territory is very impressive. looks much better finished around centre console and handbrake compared to falcon.

cars seem to look much better in the flesh too. have seen pics of the focus, but seeing it up close it looked much better.

was there with the family so didn't spend any time in the main arena watching the cars or anything like that. all about animals and showbags for me.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Never have, but would have loved to. Well i have but from my lounge chair

Erm...Because I own one?
I'm a red-blooded, dyed in the wool, one-eyed, fanatical car enthusiast...not a Ford enthusiast, not a Holden enthusiast, not a Toyota or any other make supporter. I happen to own a Ford at the moment, that's all.

I think some people underestimate just how few in "real numbers" are those who will steadfastly refuse to even look at anything without a particular makers brand on the front...and then even sometimes only one or two models within that brands range. Most people want the whole package, and aren't just buying a badge.

I've had a bit of a look at the new shape Territory in the Ford dealerships...and I kind of regret not hanging on and buying a diesel one of them instead of the G6E...the Territory should sell like hot cakes!
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Erm...Because I own one?
I'm a red-blooded, dyed in the wool, one-eyed, fanatical car enthusiast...not a Ford enthusiast, not a Holden enthusiast, not a Toyota or any other make supporter. I happen to own a Ford at the moment, that's all.
So you must have some form of interest in the brand if you bought one then yeah?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe some people choose to be more conservative with their support?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

It's something that's not just at shows, I think it's everywhere in general.
It's not very often that you see me dressed in something without a Ford badge on it, I even have an alloy tappet cover Ford badge from a Courier glued on my hardhat at work.

Over time I've been to a number of shows & things, usually with people that support the dark side, and at one of the last sprints I went to, there was a friends young bloke and his mate.

Now the friend and his young bloke are mad Holden fans, and pay out on me whenever they open theirs mouths to say anything really, and I noticed the other kid being a bit quiet.

When I got the chance, I had a chat to him, and he'd told me that he was more of a Ford fan than a Holden fan, and the reason he didn't speak up was that he didn't want to get rubbished by his mate.

I said to him that I understood where he was coming from, but he should think about wearing the blue badge and stand up for what he believed in.

So hopefully he'll be right.

Ed
Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #15
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Often the ford stand at motorshows or the royal show was the most RS of all. Good to see that changed.

As for team red, meh. As each day goes by the words commodore becomes synonomous with bogan.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #16
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you must have some form of interest in the brand if you bought one then yeah?
No more than the "interest" I have in Holden, Toyota, Mazda, or any other car make. I honestly don't "prefer" one over the other. They've all made lemons, they've all made gems, we've owned cars of all sorts of makes and cylinder numbers.
We virtually came down to a toss of the coin between the SV6 and the XR6, and were leaning heavily towards an optioned-up SV6 Sportswagon before we found the great trade in deal Ford offered on our Landcruiser for the option-loaded G6E 50th anniversary they had on the lot. It wasn't the badge that swayed us, it was basic financial good sense. The Ford and Holden were both truly great cars for the price.

Face it...you really have to try hard to buy a "bad car" nowadays. They're all pretty damn good, no matter the make.

You can miss out on some interesting and entertaining drives if you ignore everything except one particular make from one particular manufacturer.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post