Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"
Default 1/24 scale Mad Max models

Hi guys

Mods - I didn't know where to put this (Falcon coupes) but I figured that there was enough general interest in Mad Max to put it in The Pub, shift it to the appropriate section if you feel the need......

When someone posted about the 1/6 scale models of a Dussenberg & F4U Corsair I was interested enough to stumble across a few websites. In the course of doing this I stumbled across these 1/24 scale Mad Max models, the Falcon coupes don't have opening engine bays but otherwise seem quite good.

MM1
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/rv/jl_polint.htm

MM2
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/rv/dh_max.htm

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/rv/ja_roadwarrior.htm

And some nutcase building a replica of a mutant bike (complete with homemade nitros & turbo)
http://cs.finescale.com/FSMCS/forums/t/131789.aspx

Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've built the planetx interceptor and the aoshima road warrior models. the planetx interceptor is a poor rendition of an XB falcon sedan, considering it cost over a hundred dollars, it's NOT a good kit for the price at 65 pounds. http://www.comet-miniatures.com/brow...eg=65&zone=11& if you really want to buy one.

what i've built are here
http://www.thepartsbox.com/BB/viewforum.php?f=252
i've built a Mack truck, Gyrocopter, Interceptor, Pursuit Special, Mr Pink Desoto, Guy's Impala and even a Force 10 Charger.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Fled74
The Thread Killa

The Aoshima Interceptor looks pretty good. I've built a few Aoshima kits before and they were qood quality and reasonably priced.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.biante.com.au/news_494.htm
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
perthfggsute

Default Re: 1/24 scale Mad Max models

i saw the auto art 1:18 scale models that biante were advertising ,they said stock arriving shortly,so had a look at auto arts site and when i saw the finish of the model ,i ordered the shiny black one and the same car covered in red dirt,they are about 250 to 300 mm long so are a good size,it even has the dog,tin food ,jerry cans etc,under bonnet detail is excellent.
only got one certificate ,but didnt keep that or any boxes etc,i just wanted those models,they are the only models i have ever bought,i am a big fan of 1:18 scale stuff,dont have any interest in the small stuff,cant remember the cost ,just ordered them .they look wicked on the mantle beside the tv.cheers

Tuned by Monsta Torque
395.2 KW
610 NM
3.07 diff ratio (changed from original 3.73)
6 spot brembo's on the front
3 inch manta cat back exhaust with X piece
6 speed manual
k & n air filter
rear calipers painted red
debadged stripes etc removed
perthfggsute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Aoshima Road Warrior version and its a reasonable "mad max" model. The XB coupe shape is well made and in proportion, however certain parts of the madmax make up of the car are wrong.

The Planet X model I havent bought but looking at it is truely awful as the rear end of the car sooo wrong (much too long) and the rear doors a tad small.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
however certain parts of the madmax make up of the car are wrong. .
the main change i made was the rear parcel shelf they've made it too long front to back. it needs to be cut in half.
If you leave it, there's not enough room for the gyro captain to sit tied up in the back (with the dog on the trigger).
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work there AM!...

What i was leaning towards was that the roof spoiler is wrong, the side extensions on the front guards need to be flat, the bonnet pins should be the factory installed GT option (not the dealer installed versions with plastic cups) and the rear rims need to be "turbines" not the 8spoke... (The orginal car had 8 spoke rims in MM1, they switched the rears in MM2).

And rear drum brakes????? ok ok... no more lol

The quality though is very good and didnt take me much to build, though i havent gone and weathered it much other then some brown lighty sprayed down the sides.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....

Last edited by Jim Goose; 07-07-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post