Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #31
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
NSW - Annual Fee

QLD - Bought once, owned for life, unless transferred.

bigsta, it helps to do some research first. (No offence)

Sorry my bad.

Having never lived in QLD obvs have not experienced QLD transport first hand but im surprised they dont as they are standardising and linking systems up now between the states.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Victoria is the same, pay the $400 odd dollars to get the plates and they stay in your name. I have had my plates on hold for a couple years now. The actual plates just sit in my room and do nothing.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #33
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

they raught us in NSW its $90 - $440 pa for ANY custom plate now and the transfer fees depend on the plate but range from $200 odd to $9000!!!!

it use to be a one off fee for basic custom plates staying within their order ie: XXX-555 or XXX-55X but now thats an annual fee too

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post