Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Cable

Sorry guys, but I just have to share it!...
After yrs of dial-up, Today cable internet has landed at my lowly abode!
Sooo.. Can you see me better? Am I quicker to latch on to all the goings on? Gawd.. I feel you people are probably reading this before I even type?....
I saw a thread on here about a "time machine".. This has gotta be IT!
NO transducers, NO influx capacitors.. Just pure & simple "able to finally SEE" some of the wonderous links posted here,, Without waiting til friday fortnight for them to download.
This has gotta be on par with the inception of the double-pumper Holley!
Cheers. Charliewool

2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:30 AM   #2
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

What speed you connecting at?

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:37 AM   #3
Kryton

i remember going from dial-up to 256kbps. damn that was a big improvement. now its not fast enough. i think my next step will be 1.5mbps. seems thats the fastest i can get in my area so thatll have to do.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #4
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
i remember going from dial-up to 256kbps. damn that was a big improvement. now its not fast enough. i think my next step will be 1.5mbps. seems thats the fastest i can get in my area so thatll have to do.
Unless you cruise and DL at the same time, it'll be enough. Trust me.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:

You running ADSL or cable? And is your modem connected by USB or ethernet?
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #6
Kryton

im on ADSL.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah ive got ADSL. A lot better than dial up thats for sure but even now its still takes a bit to load videos. Im on a 256/64 plan but my router says ive got 1536/64. Weird eh? I think the only thing stopping me from getting cable is that I dont pay for it plus my mum pays for a 24gb plan when the most Ive used is 2gb so dont think she would be too impressed about that.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 12:49 AM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
im on ADSL.
The ADSL speed is limited by how far your from the exchange. The clopser you are the quicker it is. Also if you use an external modem and it's connected by a USB port than you'll slopw it down even more. It's worth connecting it by ethernet (if you dont have it built into your motherboard a add on card costs $20).
Old 05-10-2005, 12:58 AM   #9
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
The ADSL speed is limited by how far your from the exchange. The clopser you are the quicker it is. Also if you use an external modem and it's connected by a USB port than you'll slopw it down even more. It's worth connecting it by ethernet (if you dont have it built into your motherboard a add on card costs $20).
i have an external router, a phone line from it goes into a card down near the bottom of the PC. i dont think its a USB connection.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #10
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

You got an internal modem.

I said the USB comment for anyone that was interested.