Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

Default Formula 1 2010

So codeplasters have majorly hyped this new game that has had nearly as much anticipation as any new mac product. My question is I know it's a good GAME, but as far as the PC version goes with a logitech G25 and all driving aids off etc (simulation), is it any good? Was thinking about getting it for PC this weekend, but codemasters have disappointed me time and time again with the whole race driver / colin mcrea arcade crap. Should I just stick with rFactor?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Padrino90
Ghiamobile

I just got it, with a steering wheel it is good. If you've played grid itll feel similar apart from the speeds lol, otherwise a good game
Old 24-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

if it feels like grid, then i'll save my 80 bucks.

I have been thinking about starting a business (gaming warehouse) for nothing but pure racing simulation in cockpits... wonder if its viable.

Old 27-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
g220ba
FGX XR8

I would recommend hiring and seeing what you think. I don't mind it but does have similarities to grid.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

It has similarities to GRID and DiRT2 because it uses the same game engine (EGO) as the other two games.

I'm addicted to it, been playing it on my PC using an XBox controller and the PC HDMI connected to my 46" TV. Absolutely brilliant.

All I can say is that being a game marketed the way it is, I highly doubt it would come close to the realism of rFactor. rFactor is aimed at serious simulation enthusiats, whereas this game is more for the gamer who wants a challenge but doesn't want to be off the track every time they hit the first corner.

I quite enjoy the game, I play manual with most assists off, I think I leave ABS on but that's about it. Car setup isn't too bad, but there could probably be more in the way of setup.

If you don't to pay $80 for it, head to www.steampowered.com and get Steam, its available on there for US$59.95 which doesn't convert too bad these days. Or maybe even look into getting a demo version of it to give a whirl.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
if it feels like grid, then i'll save my 80 bucks.

I have been thinking about starting a business (gaming warehouse) for nothing but pure racing simulation in cockpits... wonder if its viable.
Mate, I'm with you. I started with GTR2, and then rFactor and no other car game competes simulation wise. I bought F1 2010, for the fact of all the hype and 'realism' it said it would have. Well, its way too 'arcadey', you can barely lose control of the car, you cant even spin the rears, and this is with all aids turned off and using my Logitec wheel.

It is a pretty fun game anyway, but its far from a simulation. They made it easy so anybody can pick up a controller or wheel and drive an F1
XR6Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

yep thats what I was afraid of. I'm hanging out for rFactor 2 so so bad, but they still won't adopt Dx11 so it's not going to look that crash hot... I started simming on the PC when Live For Speed was in beta, and from there I moved to GTL and rFactor. Can't play anything else unfortunately, I like to feel like i'm actually in control of the car, not pressing left to go left.

Old 27-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

There is a game lfs aswell. Bit old but still good.
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

Last update on LFS was august last year... I've given up and moved on from that, so have the developers it seems!

Old 27-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I whacked F1 2010 on the machine last night and played it online with a mate in adelaide. I think it's ok but I was expecting a little more in car setup, and the ability to burn some rubber that you can actually see! What GPU are you using with this game? I'm running a Gigabyte 1G GTX 460 here.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #11
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

3.4 quad with 8gb on win7 and a 5870. Are you telling me you can't even drop a donut?

Old 28-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #12
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I downloaded the trailer for it on PS3 last night, it looks alright but with GT5 coming I dont think I will both as it will just sit there.

If I had a PC/XBOX then yeah I reckon I would get it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #13
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
3.4 quad with 8gb on win7 and a 5870. Are you telling me you can't even drop a donut?
Yes you can, but it is complimented with the absence of licorice straps and accompanied smoke, in particular to other drivers on the track.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post