Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #31
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
The more expensive car travel is, the more unlicenced drivers taking chances driving unregistered cars will be on the roads.
Or combos of both. Theres already a motsa of those now all over Australia...

So when unlicenced and unregistered Joe wipes out your pride and joy tryin to escape pursueing police cars for not stopping for whatever reason and causes you, your passengers, or yr kids or partner injury or writes off your car you will happily sit there n cop these price hikes...

Hell No...!!! Some day, someones going to have to realise that once we are all bled dry and theres no more money left, some are just going to stop driving, and others will take their chances and roll the dice. The first one wont do the govt any favours in several ways, and the second will cause a stir when someone important is killed because of it. It will be only the rich who will afford to drive and register any cars at all.

By that logic, lets just make registration and licenses free to stop all unlicensed and unregistered drivers.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:41 AM   #32
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
By that logic, lets just make registration and licenses free to stop all unlicensed and unregistered drivers.
What a rediculous tool of a thing to say... Or was that your best attempt to crack an irish joke or somthing??

I wonder how flip your attitude would be if you ever got wiped out by one of those?

Just look at the Aus cop shows on tellie, at least 1 or more of these particular incidents are shown each episode, and thats just 1 tiny cross section of what really happens Aus wide.

I wonder if any of the real cops on this site would like to comment on how bad or widespread both those issues are just within their scope..

Raising prices on everything isnt the answer...
Dropping these fees alltogether is an idiotic thing to say or think, and I certainly didnt suggest that.
But wholesale rises like we are copping isnt helping the situation.
Bear in mind QLD rego is up $100/year this year already. A V8 non commercial vehicle is $960 a year inc CTP.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #33
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
What a rediculous tool of a thing to say... Or was that your best attempt to crack an irish joke or somthing??

I wonder how flip your attitude would be if you ever got wiped out by one of those?

Just look at the Aus cop shows on tellie, at least 1 or more of these particular incidents are shown each episode, and thats just 1 tiny cross section of what really happens Aus wide.

I wonder if any of the real cops on this site would like to comment on how bad or widespread both those issues are just within their scope..

Raising prices on everything isnt the answer...
Dropping these fees alltogether is an idiotic thing to say or think, and I certainly didnt suggest that.
But wholesale rises like we are copping isnt helping the situation.
Bear in mind QLD rego is up $100/year this year already. A V8 non commercial vehicle is $960 a year inc CTP.
As I already said cars are a luxury NOT a neccessity. As you state we already have unlicensed and unregistered drivers. Changing the pricing structure will NOT change a thing. Cops are there to remove these scum from the road.

I have 16 cylinders to register each year and I know how expensive it is. It is my passion and a luxury for me to be able to afford this. If i couldn't afford it I wouldn't do it. I would not be driving around unregistered/unlicensed.

The OP has 4 vehicles which can't all be driven at once. Why not put some on club rego if money is too tight to afford $70 over 5 years.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #34
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@irish,you don't live out of the city do you out in the country they are a necessity. Why,because there is no public transport.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #35
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes cars are a luxury, but one that we can't afford to not have in this country. Imagine the uproar if only the rich could afford a car, that's a step about 60 or so years backwards and would only divide the community more and cause a lot more disdain for the wealthy.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #36
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
@irish,you don't live out of the city do you out in the country they are a necessity. Why,because there is no public transport.

I do believe that farming existed before the advent of cars.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #37
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
As I already said cars are a luxury NOT a neccessity. As you state we already have unlicensed and unregistered drivers. Changing the pricing structure will NOT change a thing. Cops are there to remove these scum from the road.

I have 16 cylinders to register each year and I know how expensive it is. It is my passion and a luxury for me to be able to afford this. If i couldn't afford it I wouldn't do it. I would not be driving around unregistered/unlicensed.

The OP has 4 vehicles which can't all be driven at once. Why not put some on club rego if money is too tight to afford $70 over 5 years.
Cars arent a luxury at all, they are a nessasary part of life even in the city.
Try getting work without one, most places expect you to have your own transport.

Changing the pricing structure will change things. Across the board rises like rego and licences alone will see an increase in unlicenced and unregistered motorists. How many joe average motorists today allready skip out on insurance because of its additional cost..Im talkin normal mum n dad cars, not classics or expensive cars.

As for the cops, do you think they really get even a 1/4 of theses perpetrators on the road??
They would be more lucky catching these perps, catching them doin somthing wrong, somthing silly, speeding, DUI, somthing that marks em, like as their driving along with say a broken tail light or somthing silly.

Blind luck would sum up what % the cops really catch as opposed to how many motorists would really be doing this.

I also have 2 V8's on full rego and full insurance, and while they are both more expensive cars, I would never even consider driving them uninsured or un-registered...Id put my XYGT on club rego before Id drive it unreg.
That said tho, club rego is very restrictive in QLD. Can only go out on club runs, which is basically once a month, test runs within 7 klicks of your house and runs to workshops etc for maintenance work.
They should look at a more flexible rego option where you can drive it 90 days in a year or somthing. I think a certain state?? is trialling this now.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

This has NOTHING to do with the topic, back on topic thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #39
Sizey
Mk5 Transbulance

If it makes anyone feel better, an L plater pays a hundred bucks to get their licence. Of which they can only stay on for a max of 2 years. A P licence costs 96 dollars at last check of which you stay on for about a year. Then same again for P2 and again for a year. Then 150 for fulls for 5 years.

TOTAL: 8 years for around $450
*That is if you don't get pinged for something of which is becoming a more and more common occurance these days a a P plater. If you do however, add another 500 to the total.

TOTAL IF HARRASSED: $950
Repeat process If you are continually harrassed.

Hope that makes you all feel better!

B series xr6 wagon
Now deceased

BF Fairlane ex taxi
Now for more fun
[/CENTER]
Sizey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post