Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 29-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Question Going to slow?

G'day all,

I'm wondering is there a ANDRA rule that penalizes a car for going to far outside it's dial in (Slow).... I watched a dial your own meeting here in Perth(Fast Friday) a while ago and the night turned into who could brake better before finish line,an example was two cars I know run solid low 13's crossed the finish in 17 and 18 seconds trying to out brake each other.
To me it defeats the purpose of Drag racing, any info appreciated.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

BF XR8 ute (Red the only true Modification) My Toy.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No law against it. I have no problem with it. If you are racing for a championship, it is just one more way to beat an opponent. I have never used it myself, as I think breaking out is a silly way to lose, but many seem happy to use this technique.
Just remember that everyone races for different reasons. I have friends who race only to win in dyo, so never modify their vehicles - year in, year out, they run the same combination.
I race to go faster, so I am always trying something new.
You seem to race for the same reason.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I have to say .. If you build a car to be reliable and consistant then it's not too bad..
Otherwise it becomes just too expensive.. An obsession...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you dont even need to leave the start line to win as long as you stage under your own power. Have seen a car stop when the tree went down and the other car went through and broke out handing the win over to the car still sitting in stage. This was at the Nationals at CPR in the late nineties from memory
Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Keep in mind from a spectator point of view .. The first 20 meters or so has most the wow factor...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
you dont even need to leave the start line to win as long as you stage under your own power. Have seen a car stop when the tree went down and the other car went through and broke out handing the win over to the car still sitting in stage. This was at the Nationals at CPR in the late nineties from memory

Yeah this is the sort of thing that I think undermines the sport,I race to win in the true spirit of the sport.
On our WAW (whoop *** wednesday) they reaction time jackpot for the perfect R/T and prize money for the closest to it,so it give a great incentive to "have a go" even I managed a third place one night with a 0.006 R/T.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
Had a similar thing happen to me in my xa coupe dragt car. I took off and the steering column came off in my hands! I slammed on the brakes and stopped on the spot. The fella in the next lane took off before me, so did not see what hapopened. He kept jis foot buried and broke out. That handed me the win on the way to a championship!
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I contacted ANDRA about this subject and there are rules that do apply at championship level to stop this sort of thing happening and suggested that I contact local officials to try and retify this occurance.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucool
I contacted ANDRA about this subject and there are rules that do apply at championship level to stop this sort of thing happening and suggested that I contact local officials to try and retify this occurance.
Where in the andra rule book is it? I would be keen to know, as I have never read anything to state that it is not allowed, and I have read the rule book many times.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush

Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
Where in the andra rule book is it? I would be keen to know, as I have never read anything to state that it is not allowed, and I have read the rule book many times.

Where I don't know, I contacted the Technical officer David Baker,

Quote...At Championship events there are set ET parameters for Super Street and Super Sedan, so this would eliminate this at these events.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

at championship level super street must dial in between 11.00 and 12.99 and super sedan must be under 10.99 thats the only restriction it doesnt really apply to slowing down only what you must dial in at
Old 02-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Gee I never wanted an argument over this ... I asked for info got next to nothing so I went to ANDRA and got a answer from the technical officer... so I posted to give his opinion and maybe save someone else the trouble of asking like I foolishly did.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #13
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucool
Gee I never wanted an argument over this ... I asked for info got next to nothing so I went to ANDRA and got a answer from the technical officer... so I posted to give his opinion and maybe save someone else the trouble of asking like I foolishly did.
No aggro Tucool, just clarifying things. jd dad got it right from the book. I thought there was an open dyo class that allowed for slower times.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush

Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no agro here mate, just answering the question. this medium does lead to confusion occasionaly ;) after running meetings here for years this stuff is 2nd nature
Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #15
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

phew Thanks jd dad & GTP owner

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.