Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
luvpsi
Starter Motor

Default WP Fiesta drive shaft bearing problem

Hi guys i am new to this forum and have just purchased a WP Fiesta LX.. i have one question, there seems to be some bearing like noise coming from the front drivers side and my mechanic put it down to a some bearing that sits near the CV joint on the drive shaft??

Anyone had an issue with these at all?

luvpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate. I didn't have any issue with my CV joints after nearly 100,000km. How many clicks does your Fiesta have? When I had my WP Zetec I had an issue with the drive belt near the drivers side wheel. They replaced that and she was fixed. After it got warm is would squeal, sometimes loud, sometimes very quiet. What sort of noise is it? I think I have a recording of the noise my car was making, I'll dig it up. I also had an issue with the passengers side rear drum brake making a horrible squeal, which was fixed by some pressured water as it was full of dirt!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
luvpsi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Hi mate. I didn't have any issue with my CV joints after nearly 100,000km. How many clicks does your Fiesta have? When I had my WP Zetec I had an issue with the drive belt near the drivers side wheel. They replaced that and she was fixed. After it got warm is would squeal, sometimes loud, sometimes very quiet. What sort of noise is it? I think I have a recording of the noise my car was making, I'll dig it up. I also had an issue with the passengers side rear drum brake making a horrible squeal, which was fixed by some pressured water as it was full of dirt!
The noise is similar to wheel bearing noise and is coming from the centric bearing on the the drive shaft.. the faster i got the more noise it produces, it sounds like grinding or something similar! The car has 90k kms on it.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In that case no man, I haven't experienced that. My noise was more of a 'whine' so you've got a different kettle of fish on your hands than I did. Ignore me, go with the mechanic. Not sure if anyone else has head bearing/CV issues before 100k?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mines done a touch under 100k and it isnt having anything like that...
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpsi
The noise is similar to wheel bearing noise and is coming from the centric bearing on the the drive shaft.. the faster i got the more noise it produces, it sounds like grinding or something similar! The car has 90k kms on it.
I had this problem with my Focus, the Drivers side Drive Shaft Bearing failed. It was replaced under manufacturers warranty and works fine now, these things happen with all makes and models.

This is not a problem all Fiesta's have but bearings will fail from time to time, I wouldn't worry about it. Once it has been fixed it might be good for another 100,000Km's.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question

but if not under warranty, how much to fix ?? I expect it will be expensive as all Euro's are.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:13 AM   #8
luvpsi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
but if not under warranty, how much to fix ?? I expect it will be expensive as all Euro's are.
Bearing itself is $241 from ford as no one else seems to have a listing for it.. Proabably will need a couple of hours of labour to remove the shaft etc.