Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #31
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Here here, but that is easier said then done though as 4Cyl cars to me are about exciting to look at as watching the grass grow. But you do have a valid point though.
dont get me wrong but the are some 4potts out there that would blow the doors off any v8 although im a huge 8 fan, people have their own taste i think its strange but at the sametime good after all car is a car and thats what brings us together as a car enthusiasts.

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

i have not read all of the posts here, but it seems a few others, as well as i think the original poster is embarrasing himself

that comment isn't supposed to sound as offensive as it does, but i think it is great, that so many people with different tastes enjoy each other company and cars. i would love to have a evo lance beside the coupe. as well as a gtp, a series 1 and 7 rx7 and an a5 audi. variety is great and so is have an open mind and tolerance
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #33
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Can't say i really consider most Turbo Jap cars "Rice"...

Rice to me is the 1.6-2.5L N/A 4Cyl beasts running 4" Cannons.

Good on them for getting together and obviously grabbing more than a few peoples attention.
Agree 110%!, rice is putting a cannon on a excel, or a bonnet scoop on a 4cyl/6cyl thats fwd, most of my mates drive jap cars, one has a GT4 celica and it goes very hard, another has a R-Spec 200sx, both very nice jap cars, and certainly not rice, i think a BA with altezza lights is more rice than a nicely done jap car
Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #34
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Rice is those cars you see with huge cannon exhausts on something like a Hyundai Excel, or cars with huge spoilers that don't suit them, stupid bodykits etc. A fair few Jap cars are quite capable in stock form even, S15 Autech Silvia (N/A model makes same power as turbo one) would embarass a fair few people, 147kw @7500 RPM in a 1200Kg car.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #35
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Ever since that movie "Fast and the furious" it's all gone to hell. Most thanks here go to Vin Diesel racing that V8 at the end there.

'67 XR Wagon
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #36
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

JDM style is hot.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #37
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

imo its great that people are intersted in other cars cos then it leaves more fords for us so the prices are lower
Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #38
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Right now on www.ricerforums.com.au they are commenting on the same thread !
Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #39
cob115
COUPE WHORE

plus 1for dont give a rats bum who we cruze with, ricer classic,coupe non coupe ,dont get me wrong ,i love a heaps of coupes more than any one,at times we just want cruze with our own breed: )but other times the more the better

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #40
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I think that's awesome!

I cruise with a whole range of different cars. Geez, my usual cruise partner drives a VL turbo.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #41
TZENU
XY Driv3r

That's what it all about at the end of the day.. Enthusiasts enjoying their cars! ..

I often go on cruises with my mates who all own imports... s13, ceffy, ser V RX7, VL turbo & R33
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #42
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not sure who is embarrassing themselves here, why is it a crime to be "seen" with people that drive different cars? in that case we all embarrass ourselves every day we drive :

Also it smacks of v8 arrogance to make that statement, see to a fan of turbocharged cars v8s are v8s to a v8 fanboi turbos are for "turbo kiddies" or for "hairdryer hitmen" and lots of other derogatory terms, this makes people with this attitude look rather immature, and I as a driver of a turbo am sick of their crap.

we can flip that coin and say "wow dont be seen in your turbo with v8 dinosaurs, its embarrassing" - never heard this said btw (till now).

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 12-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #43
cob115
COUPE WHORE

a good part of cruzing with other makes is checking out whats been done to em(ford xa/b/c coupes will always rule : in my opinion: )) ,the style etc ,even if i dont like it its always intresting to check out some ones work

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #44
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Some of the best cruises i have been on involved other makes/models. The last cruise was with a Twin turbo 350Z, a couple of Rexes, BF GT, Statesman, I6 Turbo's, Force8, an XD, a motorcycle and even a volvo! Nearly had an Aurion TRD on the cruise too which would have been good to drive with...

I enjoy watching the races on SBS that have multiple makes and models on the same track.

Much more interesting, but then sometimes its also nice to be in a line of 20-40 cars that are purely Fords. You feel fight at home.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #45
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Just stumbled across this thread.

Are we embarrising the Ford Forums by replying to this thread?Could only imagine the curry its getting from other sites.

OOOps,I just replied. :togo:

Maybe if the OP attends Gazzanats he will see the respect given from all too all makes of cars.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #46
BOSHOG
avenge me

i cant remember seeing a thread backfiring quite like this on the OP lol
Old 12-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #47
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArzG2zGXj4 ...sums up how the ricers came about...
Old 12-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #48
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArzG2zGXj4 ...sums up how the ricers came about...

Old 12-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #49
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Like the fact that the majority of the opinion here is against the OP - classic!

But to chuck my 2 cents in, I think it's great. A lot of cars aren't my cup of Earl Grey, but as others have said it must be nice to get some variety in a cruise/meet. I love anything with a Cleveland in it (and much else besides) and I must admit that after walking around the Kedron AFD here recently I got very bored very quickly. Oh look, another coupe. Another XY GT. Another modern XR8 with big wheels. Dull, dull, dull.

Don't mind modern machinery at all, modified or not, but it's totally subjective and there might be one car I love and another I hate - just like any car, really. The only things I truly hate (and mercifully don't get put on older cars) are:

1. Spinners (don't get me started again...)
2. Veilside-type bodykits (as above)
3. Overly loud blow-off valves (why oh why oh why...?)

Provided they're off-limits to my eyes, ears and all other senses, fair game, gents.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #50
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
Like the fact that the majority of the opinion here is against the OP - classic!

1. Spinners (don't get me started again...)
2. Veilside-type bodykits (as above)
3. Overly loud blow-off valves (why oh why oh why...?)

Provided they're off-limits to my eyes, ears and all other senses, fair game, gents.
link to a thread you spun out on spinners on please

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 12-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #51
FPV GT40
Banned

Funny to see different perceptions of rice, where I come from rice are any cars of jap origin....nothing to do with Hyundais and cannons, the cars used to be called 'rice burners', if they were made in Japan....

May be different times/places have different perceptions...
Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #52
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Why not?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=4140

Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #53
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

Gotta be honest hearing a nice blow off valve makes my heart race :P may have something to do with the fact that I'm regularly in supra's, an S13, and a 180sx... but i LOVE that sounds

Check your bible; it say’s - if thou is to fit forced induction via supercharging to a performance car, then it is right and good that this supercharger be heard.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #54
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Don't encourage him!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 12-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #55
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Don't encourage him!
Too late...!

Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #56
b2tf
not here much anymore

What a waste of a thread. Some really ignorant people on display here.