Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Ibrox90
Banned

Default Named And Shamed.

Posting for a friend (also P plate xr8 owner)

Adrain Brien Ford (used cars) in Adeliade AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Quote:
I wanted to sell my current car (BF XR8) so I went to my local ford dealer looking for new car. I was looking for an FPV
(BA/BF) or an FG so i looked around had a look at a Typhoon and an GTP.

Worked out numbers and finance because they don't let you even start the car without talking about money first, SERIOUSLY they made me agree on a set price on both the phoon and the GT before I had even turned on the ignition.

I took this in my stride as I really liked the GT, drove both cars and decided on the GT. But it didnt impress me as much as i thought it would, it was impressive just not THAT impressive (coming form an XR8).

So i spoke to the salesman asking for a few moments to think.
Typical salesman he was pushy and asked what I was thinking about, I simply said that it wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. At this point the manager comes through asking what I thought and I said the GT is good but it didnt jump out at me and its certainly not worth the price.

The manager then said AGRESSIVLY "Stop wasting our time mate, if the GT doesn't impress you then why are you here"

The manager then disappeared i was completely taken aback by the disrespect and lets face it rude behaviour. Here i am sitting in the office considering parting with $48,000 and this knob says that.

I then explained to the salesman that i just needed a few moments to think.

The manager then reappears and says to the salesman "stop wasting your time with this guy,theres other customers out there that are serious dont waste your time"

If he had given me 5 minutes at least i probably would have signed for the GT.

I rang the sales guy later on saying i was about to sign but his manager blew it for him. No excuse for poor customer service. I then said id be going to Wayne Phillis at christies beach. (good guys down there, service dept not great but they try and excelent customer service.)

The sales guy rang back saying that they would do the GT at the same price as the phoon, a drop of $8000 (yet when negoiated he wouldnt drop $500)

i said id think about it but it was unlikely.

this morning th sales guy rings me again saying that his manager blocked the price drop and it was back to the agreed price.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE KNOBS.

GO SEE MARK AT WAYNE PHILLIS USED CARS ARE TOP NOTCH.
HOw do these clowns get away with this

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Old 25-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Typical Ford Dealership......
Old 25-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they don't want your money, too bad for them. Say cya, cya, wouldn't want to be ya.
Old 25-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No point getting upset, I'd walk straight out go buy a GT elsewhere, plenty around.

I'd make sure I would drive back into the dealer and show them my new GT that I bought somewhere else though.
Old 25-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
No point getting upset, I'd walk straight out go buy a GT elsewhere, plenty around.

I'd make sure I would drive back into the dealer and show them my new GT that I bought somewhere else though.
Thats what I'd do as well as add something like the old man is impressed by the package and has signed up for a GT
Old 25-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
Posting for a friend (also P plate xr8 owner)

Adrain Brien Ford (used cars) in Adeliade AVOID AT ALL COSTS

HOw do these clowns get away with this
I did a job for that dealership's principal ( adrien brien) about a year ago, and after bad experiences there with the service dept, I let him have it! Most certainly a dealership to avoid at all costs!
Old 25-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
EL8TED
It all counts

unfortunetly id say it also may have something to do with a bit of discrimination towards your mate because of his age/liscense. If he was on a provisional liscense i can see how a salesman or manager may feel as though it is in fact a time wasting joyride exercise. Unfortunetly there have been too many other people who have acted in this manner before causing them to not take the deal seriously, also why they would not bargain as they probably didn't think he had the cash to begin with. I have had similar dealings when buying my current BF XR8 - dealers not wanting to let you even open the doors, in which case i smiled politely and went to the next dealer. ended up buying from christies beach myself too in the end, i was on my full liscence but some dealers , not limited to Ford still assumed that i was just was just a time waster of sorts. Combine that with a service department that may have a lesser regard for customers and then nail on the head you have this outcome.
Old 25-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan

Exactly what I would do too, Rub the managers nose right in mate. Take that you suckers!
Old 25-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
winterwhite
Starter Motor

An important rule to remember when buying a car:
You have the power cause you have the money! :
Old 25-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba
Typical Ford Dealership......

I take offence to that.

Not all dealerships are the same. Unless of course you've had a negative experience with the MAJORITY of them in this country?

Didnt think so.... :
Old 25-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
pinkie

Only been to one dealership to buy and had no probs myself that was in Mandurah in WA. They were trying to get me to buy the phoon or the GT (telling me to test drive both) I had to say no or I probably would have bought one. just got me little XR8, 10 grand knocked of the top of course.
Old 25-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #12
Ibrox90
Banned

Again Wayne Phillis ford are excelent its like chalk and cheese, my mate plans on emailing what was said here along with the URL for the page. boycott usually teaches them perhaps send it to the head honcho himself.

He's going down to Christies Beach tomorrow have a look at the GT down there.

more so the only offered him $15,000 for his XR8

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Old 25-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bought my BF Xr6 from Denmac Ford at Indooroopilly... and i can't praise the guys i dealt with enough.. i had a sketchy credit history thanks to a marriage break up.. and the finance guy there jumped thru hoops to help me out... i'll be looking to buy brand new in the next year or 2.. and thats where i'll be going...

Their service department is also very good..
Old 25-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Third hand information without the other side of the story.

Can we keep the rants to personal experience please.
Old 25-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Agree

I dont like seeing these kind of posts on this forum, too much bent banana's in a statement that stands for no interrogation
Closed Thread