Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 17-07-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default NSW Blue Mountains Cruise Feedback Thread

Thanks to Fast Eddies work, NSW went to the Blue Mountains for a blast around the roads and have some lunch.

Once again, in true Eurofordclub tradition, the weather was perfect. The cars were all shiny, and everyone was really friendly.

Meeting everyone, and some new faces (Alex aka Cypher, Steve and Nic aka Donut King and Queen, and Rob aka Amazer) was good as always, glad everyone came along.

Special thanks goes to Fast Eddie for planning and leading the cruise. Also, my fellow Newcastle friends who got up early (even earlier!) with me to come down, thanks Lee Anne and Angry. Also to Steve for coming down to shoot photos with me, hope to do it many many more times in the future.

Special thanks also to Matt (zetec) and Alex (Cypher) for your long drivers to be here, from Victoria and Canberra.

My photos are in the link below... the harsh sun made shooting a nightmare, but oh well. I hope everyone had fun - I know I did. Particularly demonstrating to Matt what my CL Focus could do... that was fun. Can't wait for the video.

If I didn't get any great photos of your car, I apologise, it wasn't my finest day of photography. Photo album, with photos from myself, and also uploading some from Todd also (which are fantastic I will add!!):

http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/nswbluemountains

Thanks again for those who came, don't forget the All Ford Day in two weeks time, July 31st, good cause, great day.

Tim!

Last edited by Timmeh; 18-07-2005 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Spelling Nics name 'Nice'
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

Tim,

It was a great day, a great group and I am sure that hill section we stopped at will prove to be very popular on any re-visits.

Matt, was great to meet you in person. If ever in Melbourne will definitely have to try to organise a VIC cruise to see how you guys do it as opposed to Sydney Style.

I think we all also need to thank you Tim for your efforts, cheers.
Old 18-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Well I'm home safe, it was fantastic to meet everyone and what a great day!!!!! Thanks to Eddie and Tim for their organisational skills, Eddie's lead driving and everyone's efforst with the wash and polish!!! Some amazing looking Fiestas, they really are a fat little thing from behind, look so good on the road!!

I'll post my pics, review of the 3,500km I did in the new Ghia (in terms of fuel economy etc) and I look forward to seeing that video... I still have sore knuckles from holding on and there's two definite indents in the passenger side of Tim's firewall now... I'm certain of it!!!!

I HAVE to get a Digital SLR... those photos on the Eurofordclub website look absolutely sensational, especially the blurred ones of the gang taking off from the lookout!! Well done Todd!!
Old 18-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
xrgran

Great turnout guys n gals....top weather! The cars look fantastic, lined up and love the action shots.

Looking forward to the AFD
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Timmeh, Zetec, Whippet Zetec and everyone else who participated in our latest cruise, thanks for coming along and enjoying my favourite piece of local road. I hope you'd like to do future cruises from time-to-time there and that the roads remain a 'trade secret' and doesn't get too popular amongst other clubs.

As mentioned, a great effort from Timmeh, Lotsy and Angry for coming down from Newie. I realise it is a big day for you all. Also good to meet with Cypher from Canberra. Maybe you can come again with us on upcoming cruises.

Zetec, thanks for calling over at home afterwards (and drinking all my Coopers!!!) ONLY KIDDING MATE!

And for the always-enthuisiastic Fiesta members. I get the impression that you all enjoyed the hairpins immensely. You should see the tyre marks you left (actually their probably Lotsy's!!)

I admit that I am a better follower of cars than a leader so I apologise if I was possibly driving like a 'nanna' but I was aware of our 'P' Plate licence guys. Particularly in my area with the presence of the law enforcers. (You might'nt see them but their there!!)

Looking forward to the A.F.D. and the end of the month.

Fast Eddie.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #6
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Thanks everyone for a great day and for making Steve and I very welcome (despite our lack of euro ford hehe). We're both looking forward to one day owning a focus and becoming official members of the club. Thanks again guys.
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Big Cheers for Fast Eddie & Timmeh.

The night b4 i couldnt sleep as i was so pumped up in anticipation for the cruise and not one minute of disappointment. The day started a bit funny for me as i went into the wrong car park ie the red rooster one instead of the maccas one and spent 10mins finding my self getting out of it.

It was great to meet some fresh faces and the regulars. I would like to thank Matt for finding me in the middle of the street somewhere in woop woop when we were coming off the highway. I always get lost!!! hheeee cheers mate.

Tho ive never been to the blue mountains before i can tell u it wont be the last. Just b4 i left home my bro said take it very very very very slow on bells line road (i think thats the one with the hairpins). OMG it was the best adrenaline rush in Piotr's car, he has no respect for the car or the road ( Hence the pic on the euro site). Then it was my turn so wish i had a manual. A couple of close calls and 7000rpms in 1st gear bouncing off the limiter woops i got too excited.

Anyways it was a top day and cant wait for the All Day Show and the next cruise.

Also did anyone take video of the cars down the maountain?? ive got ones of Pie and I but quality isnt any good??

Cheers

Damo

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 18-07-2005 at 04:10 PM. Reason: i am dumb
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #8
whippet_zetec
Supes

there are a couple of vids of Tim's Foci (which Matt is referring to), I have sent them to Tim so he can put them up if he wants, they are pretty huge files though (20MB).
Old 18-07-2005, 07:37 PM   #9
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was a great day out even tough I was half asleep (Got home about 4am the night of the curise). I had plently of fun going up and down the mountain, although I had a few close calls everything was good. Had plenty of fun both in mine and damo's car.

Good to see some new faces. And I love the pics.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #10
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

It was an awesome day and good to finally put faces to some of the names on here.

While I did get a 6.00am start and just managed to meet Fast Eddie at 8.30am (after driving at excessive speeds for most of the 270km to get to Sydney), got the car washed and meet the guys, I was on a bit of a high for most of the day....except the drive home!!

The blue mountains road was awesome and really highlighted the prowess of our cars. I took teki04 for a spin to demo the Turanza tyres (which was the third pass down the mountain) and the brake pedal was long!!

All up I did 800km and the Fez didnt miss a beat. What a great car, great road and great bunch of guys.

I would like to thank Fast Eddie for being the pack leader and organising the cruise.

Hopefully see everyone again at the all ford day in 2 weeks!!!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 08:41 PM   #11
Amazer

I had a great day even though I had to travel 340kms for it.

A big thanks to Tim and Fast Eddie for Organisation and Leading the Cruise.

And Tim for letting me have a drive of his Focus, it was fantastic and I really enjoyed it.

Was Great Meeting Everyone, the few shots I got are coming

And hope to see everyone at the next one

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 12:21 AM   #12
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

*sigh* I miss out on all the fun being in Adelaide.

Chris
Old 19-07-2005, 01:16 AM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Opz, i feel guilty... i have been working heaps since the cruise (and went to the French Car Day on sunday)... so i havent had a chance to check the forum out much. Just wanted to say that was the best cruise!!! I really enjoyed it! Was much longer then the last one, but more broken up so it was much better! I think the twin servos should become the starting point of future cruises!

It was great to see everyone for a second time, and meet Zetec (Matt) for the first time! Also great to meet Cypher, and see the black beast! Damn that thing handles well... bloody better (harder) then my Zetec on the Falkens (never EVER buy falken!). A special thanks to Fast Eddie and Tim for organising such a good cruise! Was really good fun!

Sorry for the abrupt departure, me and my mate wanted to go for another spin to the mountains and noticed we were heading back to the M4... ended up getting home at 5pm!

But yea, it was great meeting everyone! What was the name of that road we all went for a spin down? I really loved it.... that has to be one of the best bends!

Good to see you all, hopefully we can do it again soon!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 19-07-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 01:58 AM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
*sigh* I miss out on all the fun being in Adelaide.

Chris
Pull your head in, you've got an ST170 with a zorst... I don't see your problem :
Old 19-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #15
whippet_zetec
Supes

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...472#post615472

Tim, you need to set one of these up for future cruises ;)
Old 19-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #16
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Damo & Teki,

Just to clear up some confusion (if you are?) When we turned off the G.W.Highway we joined Hawkesbury Road. At the Hawkesbury Lookout (the start of the hairpins) it's named Springwood Road. Bells Line of Road is where some of us went after lunch and we climbed BellBird Hill.

I hope that makes things clearer, O.K.
Fast Eddie.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Damo & Teki,

Just to clear up some confusion (if you are?) When we turned off the G.W.Highway we joined Hawkesbury Road. At the Hawkesbury Lookout (the start of the hairpins) it's named Springwood Road. Bells Line of Road is where some of us went after lunch and we climbed BellBird Hill.

I hope that makes things clearer, O.K.
Fast Eddie.
I knew the Bells Line of Road part.... just wasnt sure about the name of the road with all the hairpins... will be certainly revisiting that place....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #18
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...472#post615472

Tim, you need to set one of these up for future cruises ;)
How about that! That's a great idea, I might just make one of those myself.

Great heads up!

Thanks Todd for the CD with pictures and video, I'll see what I can do about getting the videos compressed a little and online.

Tim
Old 20-07-2005, 12:00 AM   #19
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

That mount loks great, wouldnt mind one of them myself actually.

Mat hehehe :P
Old 20-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #20
lotsy
Feisty

That was a great day out guys - it was good to meet some of the other members. Looking forward to the afd. Thanks Tim and Eddie for organising a great cruise, i'm pretty sure angry enjoyed it too. I think we may finally be converting him. Catch ya's all next time.
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2005, 03:40 AM   #21
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

i forgot all about this cruise , damit owell

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #22
Amazer

has the video been hosted anywhere

I would love to see what caused the hot brakes I could smell and why Matt kissed the ground when you came back lol

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #23
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah I haven't uploaded it yet, I'll do it tomorrow! It's not the best video ever due to Matts filming :monkes: but i'll upload it anyway!

Oh yeah, I remember why I didn't at the time, compressing the file to be reasonable for dialup members meant the sound quality of my setup wasn't as good as it is in real life. But I guess who cares.

Tim
Old 09-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #24
zetec
Zoom Zoom

At least I got to hear it in person
Old 09-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yeah I haven't uploaded it yet, I'll do it tomorrow! It's not the best video ever due to Matts filming :monkes: but i'll upload it anyway!

Oh yeah, I remember why I didn't at the time, compressing the file to be reasonable for dialup members meant the sound quality of my setup wasn't as good as it is in real life. But I guess who cares.

Tim
you could always upload both versions, one for dial-up and one for braodband....but I must admit the camera work was a bit wobbly and may give some people motion sickness...lol.... :
Old 09-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Mmm, I just watched the videos that I compressed to .wmv format and they aren't anywhere near as good as the Quicktime version, in both picture and sound quality (as you'd expect). I'll play with them and see, they are too big to upload as is (30 and 40MB files).

Tim
Old 09-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #27
zetec
Zoom Zoom

you could do an audio stream in MP3 and perhaps a low quality video stream?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #28
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

timmeh you came up to the blue mountains and didnt call me ,im very disapointed LOL
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #29
zetec
Zoom Zoom

any news on the video yet mate?
Old 14-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #30
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Jarrod - I know, I had no idea where I was going though!

Matt - downloading an .mov to whatever converter from Mista Fiesta now, to see what I can do. It's watchable in .mov format but using one converter to .wmv its all jerky and not worth it, but I'll see how it goes.

All this waiting will make it seem really average when I do get it up, it's not that good a video... but I'll post an update when Damian's program has downloaded.

Tim