Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #31
plext
Forum Director

Which really highlights the issue with cut springs. There is a fair amount of caveats, procedures, know how that needs to be on board before it could ever be considered appropriate.

Something I don't tend to find too often in your average mug armed with an Ozito angle grinder complete with an 8mm thick grinding wheel in it.

It is something for the very experienced only, I would nearly always suggest people should buy the correct length spring rather than fidgeting with something they just don't really understand.

</editorial>
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #32
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

I would go as far as saying that most people who modify their cars probably shouldn't.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #33
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

i hate the show... put it back to the 9:30 timeslot, put american hotrod back on earlier and leave overhauulin where it is

chop shop is exactly as the name says... all the cars are just flimsy sheetmetal, welded up, bogged up..... puss bucket POS.... i could go on... id almost go on to say i cringe to watch it like top gear australia....

not a fan at all

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #34
escapin

american hot rod is good but the people in it seem a bit ****erish some times
overhauling is great love the cars and how they set some people and get them hook line and sinker.

i just thought chop shop was a newish sorta version of junkyard wars and reminded me of that guy online that built some car very similar to a major chop car and thousands of people world wide put crap on him, cant remember the link or find it atm.

it to me just is what u would totally expect of indians or where every they/him is from making some sorta make shift car outa crap.
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #35
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapin
it to me just is what u would totally expect of indians or where every they/him is from making some sorta make shift car outa crap.
Big rims, chopped springs, spacers and bits and pieces welded all over the car. I swear he's got an outfit here in Shepparton.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The Muscle Car Shop FTW.

Real cars.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
escapin

yeah thats a good shop to. real cars and real people not so much egos i dont think
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #38
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

American hotrod i do like ,but there never any new episodes, get boring watching the same thing over and over again. An with the death of boyd a doubt there making anymore.
Personally not a car show but my favorite would have to be ,biker build off and some episodes of rides are awesome and some are quite average though.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post