Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #31
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahhh you just can't beat Flappist the know it all on every topic. I'm pretty sure someone who is actually working on the aircraft would know better then you.

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!

Last edited by Lightning Strike XR6; 13-03-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #32
MCXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strike XR6
Ahhh you just can't beat Flappist the know it all on every topic. I'm pretty sure someone who is actually working on the aircraft would know better then you.
Hahaha I wonder what I do for a living mate ;) MEL is the IATA code for Melbourne, YMML is the ICAO code which we pilots use on a day to day basis.

Last edited by XR6Lover; 13-03-2009 at 05:56 PM.
MCXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who do you fly for or do you just have ppl? Dads starting his instructors rating next week.

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #34
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
What was that old saying about throwing stones in glass houses??

Post #51

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...5&page=3&pp=25

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #35
MCXR8

Quote:
Who do you fly for or do you just have ppl? Dads starting his instructors rating next week.
Currently in the pipeline for a major Australian airline with a red tail and white kangaroo and nah, CPL.
MCXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #36
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or maybe if I don't know about a subject I just don't say anything. This is a policy that you might like to embrace.

I am wondering how working on current aircraft would give you an insite into air travel from a passenger's point of view before you were born?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #37
Scott

Not reading all this (love the bit about Flappist lol - still got an Arrow yeh?) but I fly lots and lots - seemingly, every month that goes by, more and more Qantas flights are delayed and the excuses given sometimes border on the ridiculous (like the time the flight was delayed for an hour so they could put a sticker in the toilets??).

Qantas used to be brilliant, now they are mediocre. The others are awful by our measure but relative to our neighbouring countries, our version of bad is still pretty good.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #38
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well at least Qantas & Ansett send/sent text messages advising of aircraft delays, At least 4 family groups on this flight had no idea it had been cancelled!!! Brett GODFREY, is that the "virgins" Australian CEO?
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #39
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Not reading all this (love the bit about Flappist lol - still got an Arrow yeh?) but I fly lots and lots - seemingly, every month that goes by, more and more Qantas flights are delayed and the excuses given sometimes border on the ridiculous (like the time the flight was delayed for an hour so they could put a sticker in the toilets??).

Qantas used to be brilliant, now they are mediocre. The others are awful by our measure but relative to our neighbouring countries, our version of bad is still pretty good.
Hopefully you don't class Singapore as a neighbour b/c they beat Qantas pretty much hands down

Not even the same sport.........
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #40
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Hopefully you don't class Singapore as a neighbour b/c they beat Qantas pretty much hands down

Not even the same sport.........
No, but how about some horror stories from PNG & Indo instead....
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #41
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006

No, aircraft gone, I don't even have a current medical or ASIC anymore, it is too much of a pain in the bum. But we agree on service levels dropping with air fares.

Also, yes Kingsford Smith is SSY, BBN is Eagle Farm, I was on he phine when I posted before and just wrote the wrong name.
Old 14-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #42
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

I've been checking daily on Sydney-Adelaide flights for Easter (leaving Saturday return on Sunday) will hold off booking until I find a cheaper fare (unlickely) and to be sure the flight isn't cancelled...
Old 14-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #43
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Russ, why don't you leave Thursday night & fly back early Monday morning? Better chance of trying to get flights, plus you have 2 cars to wash when you get here!!! (I am the designated drinker) :
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #44
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

I think a lot of people are doing exactly what you just mentioned as Thursday and Monday flights are the most expensive ones... I will see if I can get a good last minute deal which is doubtful or just leave it for next time.

Really looking forward to 2 dirty cars... I'll take them to the carwash for you, will be great opportunity for me to start learning driving on the wrong side of the street!

Cheers!
Old 20-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #45
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You pay cheap, you get cheap.....doesn't happen with QANTAS
Yeah righty OOOO last flight from Syd to Bris on a Sunday night and as there was only 10 patrons on board they decided to can the flight
I had 4 missed calls from a priv no on the mobile with no voice mail message - it is QANTARSE policy not to leave voice messages unless it was urgent so I was told
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #46
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF XR8
Yeah righty OOOO last flight from Syd to Bris on a Sunday night and as there was only 10 patrons on board they decided to can the flight
I had 4 missed calls from a priv no on the mobile with no voice mail message - it is QANTARSE policy not to leave voice messages unless it was urgent so I was told
So did you get a credit? Did you read the whole thread before posting?

Or do you need a nasal delivery solution for your keyboard......
Old 21-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

No offence to anyone who has posted here already but flappist does have a point. The A/C at Qantas are getting very old, and frankly the 787's that will replace the 767's and some of the 747's can't come quickly enough. Anyway, as A/C get more cycles on them things tend to become unservicable which necessitates engineers to come to the A/C at the gate to rectify the problem. This leads to delays for passengers. Whilst the maintenance is still top notch at Qantas and bugger all is outsourced, the A/C have problems a lot more often thanks to age. The A380's are a joke and have made Qantas the most hated airline in LA, and the A330's have stupid faults like fuel sensors failing constantly. BTW, what's the difference between a scarebus and a chainsaw? About 600 trees per minute. The 747-400ER's are the best though, anything with rego past OEE is your best bet. Qantas' biggest mistake was that they didn't get the 777-300ER which V now has, and as they are training pilots for the 787 the 777 would have been a logical stop gap as the cockpits are designed to be the same which hence would have lowered training costs.

Quote: