Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #61
big_waity
Windsor Man!

If he is innocent, he has nothing to worry about. Hell, even if he's guilty. If a copper didn't see it and no-one has it on tape then he cannot get in trouble for it. At worst case he'ss get a bit of a warning. Tell him to make sure he is on his best behaviour coming and going as if the cops gets suss they might stake out his place waiting for him.
Old 24-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #62
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
If he is innocent, he has nothing to worry about. Hell, even if he's guilty. If a copper didn't see it and no-one has it on tape then he cannot get in trouble for it. At worst case he'ss get a bit of a warning. Tell him to make sure he is on his best behaviour coming and going as if the cops gets suss they might stake out his place waiting for him.

Please don't make statements like this. This is what makes it such a grey area.

Your comment is wrong - if there is two people willing to make a statement about the offence then you're buggered - video/photos or not.

How do I know? There was no damn video footage of me committing any offence when I was charged for dangerous driving.
Old 24-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #63
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
if they want to see your car they can come to you, and if its parked in a garage make the bastards get a warrent.
Police don't need warrants to come into your house. If they have a legit reason to search stuff they can and will
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #64
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha neighbours if your reading, falsly accuse me and we have a problem! :P

no im pretty sure they need a warrant to enter your property, regardless of whats happened, maybe except gun shots and reports of domestic violence

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #65
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3SR
hahaha neighbours if your reading, falsly accuse me and we have a problem! :P

no im pretty sure they need a warrant to enter your property, regardless of whats happened, maybe except gun shots and reports of domestic violence
Im pretty sure your right, they can enter if they hear something like a scream otherwise they need permission to enter, and if not, theyll need a warrant. Cops do not hate the right to help thermselves into someones personal space.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #66
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

me thinks he should go to the cop shop. walk or get a lift or even take somebody elses car. leave his car at home and go see them. plenty of reasons why he couldnt take his car. be nice, dont admit doing anything wrong and just say you would have to be more carefull infront of this particular neighbour because she is always trying to cause you and other neighbours a whole lot of grief. Sir but she saw you go sideways! "Officer i did not, maybe i had my music up but i was driving carefully in my street, just go and ask other neighbours how slowly i drive"
i keep thinking that if you dont show up, next time they spot your plates cruising around, they will pull you over and hassle you. if you dont go, allthough they cant do much about it, they will assume you are guilty.

Last edited by X000BOSS; 24-02-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: sp.
X000BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #67
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my mates told me a story about how his old vr commodore caught fire (leaking oil or something in the engine bay) and so naturally he pulled over to the side of the road and was trying to put it out (keep in mind the smoke everywhere) and an old person in a nearby house called the cops on him because he thought he was doing burnouts
Matt47569 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #68
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt47569
One of my mates told me a story about how his old vr commodore caught fire (leaking oil or something in the engine bay) and so naturally he pulled over to the side of the road and was trying to put it out (keep in mind the smoke everywhere) and an old person in a nearby house called the cops on him because he thought he was doing burnouts

thats all vr commodores are good for, even the old fogie knows that!
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #69
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hence why he sold it and has a BA now
Matt47569 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #70
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
Im pretty sure your right, they can enter if they hear something like a scream otherwise they need permission to enter,
Are you sure you're not thinking of vampires?
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #71
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But what im saying is, if they think a crime is happening inside or someone needs aid, they can enter. Otherwise they have to be invited in and if there refused entry, they need a warrant.

Last edited by fairmont1998; 25-02-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Derogatory comments about police
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #72
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCat
He has to present himself and vehicle to local cop station.
I would doubt that he has to do anything. Cops/lawyers standard tactic is intimidation via exploitation of a person's ignorance of the law.

Your friend could call the cop in question who made the request and explain it is a vexatious claim made by a neighbour with whom he has had disputes in the past. I'd also ask if there would be a penalty for not coming.

I suspect though, if the cop wants to, he can request RTA/etc to request your vehicle for a 'random' inspection. It may be easier to comply.

Then, I would plot revenge on the neighbour... >
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #73
ImpGonads
Fart Powered™

Never been dobbed in or heard of my mates being dobbed in to the hoon hotline, however god forbid you should water your lawn when it isn't your watering day! Geez!

We got a new retic system and after installation we decided to test if it works properly, within 10-15mins we had a call from what i believe was the water authority (my Dad took the call).
Old 25-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #74
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Are you sure he didnt get blamed for you playing your DOOF DOOF music while playing with the ute iCAT?

Simple case of mistaken identity!

Now Quattro RS3 powered
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post