Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
XACOUPESHANE
shane lee

Default Garage layout

Just purchased a 6x7 garage and would like to know is any one has any hints on the layout.I am going to start pulling down my coupe or if there are any web sites witch have ides on layout that help.
Just want to get it right the first time and get in to my car I have owned the car since 6/6/1996 and havent done mutch work on it but it is time .

XACOUPESHANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

I would suggest having a stack of shelves up one side for storage for little parts. Bigger stuff (engines/gearbox can sit in front of the shelves. The other side of the shed can be for your car. At the back of the shed build a workbench and mount stuff like a vise/ grinder etc. There is a thread here somewhere ' show us your shed' might get some inspiration from
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
any one has any hints on the layout.
I have also tried online for ideas. I was told metal is better rather than wood for bench frames etc due to fire and termites. But for some of us, wood is easier to work with.
There is a link below for Show us your shed on this forum and that will be a start. Also look in the Project Cars threads as the posts there show many different shed layouts in the background. Plus the threads are definitely good viewing/reading.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11193378
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post