Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Claudes
Starter Motor

Default FORD-Fairlaine Ghia Sportsman 1993

Does anybody know the value and or is interested in buying the following car

FORD Fairlaine Ghia Sportsman 1993. 260000km, White, mechanically sound, some small cosmetic damage unregistered.

Claudes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am afraid to say about $1500-2000 (see my signature), and that is privately.

I LOVE these things, but they are worth 1/5th of bugger all. It sucks, because an XR6 with the same driveline, but less kit (ie without the full electrics, climate, etc, etc of the 'lane) will go for about 4-5K.

Unrego is a killer too with old cars.

As much as it pains me to say it, you might get more 'parting it out' and selling the Tickford engine, trans and LSD diff for more than you could sell the whole car. The timber door trims always fetch a bit too. Its just a hassle getting rid of parts and being left with a shell etc.

I hate parting out great cars like this, but whole - no one wants them.

I paid $2000 for my rego'd 180K Sportsman 15 months ago.

I hope you get better though. Maybe try ebay and play up the Tickford thing (assuming your Sportsman still has all this gear). Maybe ask for $2500 and see how you go...
Old 15-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Sorry mate, but there is very little chance of 1500-2000 for an 260k NC Fairlane with damage and no reg!

Post up your location/state as values do vary, and people can give you a more definitive answer.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post