Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

Default Cruise Control

Recently ive had problems with the stereo not working, the buttons do not work on it now, its a factory stereo in my AU1, I can reset the stereo to display C0dE and some times after awhile it'll start working again, i know its the head unit is stuffed and needs replacing but will this effect the cruise control as well since the s/wheel buttons are now like the stereo s/wheel buttons (not working) the cruise switch doesnt seem to work now as well, are they conected to the stereo wiring?

I should have checked cruise worked when the stereo was going fine but now ive had to reset it again and wait till it decides to work again if ever it does.

So yeah is it all conected to the cruise control wiring, meaning the stereo not working hence neigther is the cruise aswell?

Thanks.

_CRUZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

sounds like the clock spring and sprung...
Old 10-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

huh whats that mean man
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XX
huh whats that mean man
Sorry mate... maybe you arent familiar with that part.

Its behind the steering wheel... its a part that allows you to turn your steering wheel, with the wires from the buttons binding up... they can break causing a lack of contact to the buttons... Just a theory...
Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

ok ty man will invertigate and more ideas?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XX
ok ty man will invertigate and more ideas?
When you turn on the cruise control from the indicator stalk, does the word "cruise" appear on the dash? If it does, then you should check the rear light bulbs.

I had such a problem on my S2 SR sedan, the cruise worked fine and then I couldn't set the speed using the steering wheel buttons. I checked the tail light bulbs on the advice of a forum member, and they were both blown. I changed them and all good, I was back in business.

Worth checking I'd say.

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

thanks for the replys, i kinda feel stink but it was just my own fault, been trying to fix the stereo and by accident i put the fuse into the lpg spot instead of the brake light STOP light holder lol, guess ive been driving arround w/o any stop lights for a few days lmao, o well nvm at least i learnt something about the lights being in volved with the cruise conrtol, yes it was the words "cruise" that had disappeared my bad lmao

Thanks for helping out.