Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
dreadly
Banned

Default Fitting slim line weather shields?

Hey guys, recently purchased a set of slim line weather shields.
Was wondering how to get the best fit..... Has anyone fitted a set- do i need to take off the mirrors?
If so how do i do it?
Can Anyone Help, Cheers Peter

dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Best way I found is to clean the area first with prepwash or alchol wipe,then sit them ware they have to fit first then draw a out line with a white board marker first then remove the backing tape an stick it on to the frame using the outline as a guide

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

i've never fitted the slimline ones, but i've got a standard type one on my drivers side
piece of to fit, the instructions are pretty comprehensive. just fit the clips into the channels and put the weathershield in place, and then screw on the screws. 10min job!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just do as Whoosha said, make sure you leave it for a few hours before driving. I put mine on when i got to work and left the ute parked until i went home that arvo, so about 8 hours in the sun, they haven't moved.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
dreadly
Banned

Awesome, ill give it crack... kinda looked like id get a better fit without mirrors?
But hey if i dont need to... sweet as ;) cheers guys
Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
whiskers
gone fishing

I have the slim ones on my car and they are a piece of cake to put on, I was never a fan of the weather shields in my younger days, cause they were always bulky and i felt that the big ones blocked the line of sight. but these are really good especially if you want the window open a crack when it raining.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
dreadly
Banned

Indeed! My problem was i didnt have a pic to go by... And being black on black, i couldnt tell if it should go on the paint, or the plastic/seal. went the paint it all fits up fine.. Looks good. recommended if people were thinking about them!
This thread can be deleted now. Thanks