Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
daneightball
My Other Toy

Default Noisy Injectors & Fuel Consumption

My AUII has got rather noisy injectors and I am attempting to find out some reasons for this (suspect it needs an injector clean anyway but wanted to clarify before this is done). Also as a side note what sort of K's can I expect economy wise for this bad boy as I am pretty sure mine is right sown. Never really took much notice of economy before but just started keeping track and seem to be getting around 320 - 350 km per tank.

daneightball is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey there, dont know if yours is a 6 or an 8, however I had recently noticed my AU2 having black residue over the back bumper, rear of boot etc...

Not a lot, but more than just road grime. I was the same, wasnt measuring mileage, however started to notice when I was only getting 350 or so k's from a tank. Mine has done 173,000k's, and have read somewhere on the forums that the O2 sensors can deteriorate or lose accuracy.

Mine is a 8, anyhow, I changed my oxygen sensors - the first tank after that I got just over 500 k's - cant remember the exact litres per hundred but a huge improvement in fuel economy.

however, my injectors dont appear to be any noisier than normal, sorry, cant help with that one...

cheers

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
randel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
daneightball
My Other Toy

Mine is only the six I am gonna pull the fuel rail now any ideas on the O2 sensor are they easy to replace
daneightball is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneightball
Mine is only the six I am gonna pull the fuel rail now any ideas on the O2 sensor are they easy to replace
Most O2 sensors are ridiculously easy to replace - just need a socket that is long enough and you just disconnect the old one, unscrew it and then put a new one in, connect it back up and away you go.
Old 28-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
shockwave XR
Starter Motor

if you take your injectors out, take them to a place that cleans them, they will put them on their test bench and you can see how bad they are. they measure their flow rate over a period of time.
shockwave XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post