Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
low au classic
EA FALCONED

Default smartlock problem

hey hows it going all
as you may notice i post alot due to my smartlock problems well just another question
would it be easyer if i just bought a ecu lock barrel and body control modual would that unlock my car and get it out of shut down mode or should i just get it to ford so they can put it on the computer either way very pricey id imagin i just need to get my car going before christmas its driven me mad
thanks anyway for all your help guys if any one else has had this problem what did you do and what will ford charge me

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Your best bet is to go to ford and let them deal with it.

If you buy a barrel and BCM, you then need to have the ECU reprogrammed to the new BCM. Ford can do this, but I heard somewhere on here that they won't do it unless they supplied the BCM or ECU.

My opinion, just take it to ford. There are only a few places that have the computer system/unit to be able to get into it all and sort it out.
But keep your wits about you. They should just be able to unlock the car without having to change anything.

Check that you don't have a constant drain on the battery. Even an opened relay is enough of a drain. This is what sent mine into shut down mode.

Have you tried to put it into normal mode learning?
If you haven't tried it, it gave mine a flicker of life occasionally, so it may be enough to get it to ford.
To get it into normal mode learning:
1. Ensure all accessories are off and the courtesy lamp fuse is not blown.
2. Switch ignition to On and wait until the Smartshield warning lamp stops flashing. This can take up to 61 minutes.
3. When the warning lamp stops flashing, the door locks will cycle twice indicating that the system is in normal mode
4. Switch the ignition to off until the smartshield warning lamp begins to flash. This will take about 30s
5. Attempt to start the car to verify correct normal mode settings

Also, for interests sake, when mine went into to lock down, it went to ford to get it fixed. They replaced the ignition barrel and coded two keys and it cost me $800. Painful, but not much choice.

Cheers

Last edited by superroo; 21-12-2008 at 09:02 PM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
low au classic
EA FALCONED

can i open and shut the doors while im waiting the 61 mins or do i just sit there ive tried it a few times already and nothing has happened i have done somethin wrong

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Don't open doors. If it's a fine day leave a window down. But otherwise look forward to a fun time sitting in the car with nothing going on.

If it doesn't work, doesn't mean your doing it wrong. It only worked for me once or twice. Not every time.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
low au classic
EA FALCONED

sounds fun thanks man looks like i have a busy day to look forward to

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers