Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #31
Forddirect
Starter Motor

if anyone has seen Quantum of Solace, did you hear the sound of the Ford Vehicles used. They sounded like electric hybrids, for both small car and 4Xdrive.
It felt that w=they were almost putting them out there as a subliminal product placement.
cheer
FD
Old 17-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #32
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I thought the Fords were put in the movie for product placement.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #33
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forddirect
if anyone has seen Quantum of Solace, did you hear the sound of the Ford Vehicles used. They sounded like electric hybrids, for both small car and 4Xdrive.
It felt that w=they were almost putting them out there as a subliminal product placement.
cheer
FD
oh no, a Bond movie with product plaement?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #34
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Ford will not voluntarirly go into bankruptcy. It's a family controlled car company, and will not want court interference.

Read this...

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...866152,00.html
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #35
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Reading the various buiness and financial reports tells me one thing, Ford are smarter then we think. The are often critisized for marketing, etc, but they have came out on top.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #36
burnz
VFII SS UTE

smug alert
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...VideoID=272288
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Saw an interview with Bill Ford on Foxtel last night, An Interview with Larry King or whatever its called, and I came away impressed with Fords direction. Bill claimed they should not need a cent of the bailout money, and that their sales have started to pick up, the new Lincolns are selling well, and they have a lot of good products coming out next year in terms of small cars ie. new Fiesta and Focus. He also praised the UAW for their work in easing concessions to the automakers.

He was asked if its a good think if their competitors fold but he said the supplier chain would be in real trouble and it would create a lot of trouble for them, so he didn't want to see that happen, and also that GM and Chrysler will not want to go bankrupt because customers do not want to buy cars from a bankrupt business.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #38
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GHIA
Hmmmm lets see. Gutless compared to wat??? As I said if you learnt how to read correctly is
all the power of most 1.5ltr motors. Which they do.
And they do handle well for wat they are. I never said they were a race car.
Don't compare them to a car that has been lowered or comes off the lot as
a performance car because thats comparing chalk with cheese.
As for the batteries hey if they get damaged in an accident who gives a toss.
If you don't have insurance your a !!
Gutless compared to other 1.5lt cars. Put the foot down, it changes from electric to petrol, the CVT just keeps the engine at around 2500rpm & the thing gurgles along... The footbrake is good for J-turns though :P

They handle bloody awful for a small car. Roly-poly. Makes footbrake-assisted turns interesting :evil3:

Damaged batteries in an accident = electrical hazard, environmental hazard...

Quote:
Oh and did I not state myself they are ugly as sin.
Said the AU driver :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post