Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #31
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Hahah..yep I think someone posted the answer several times above the pump...lol

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #32
AU00XR8
AU00

If it was the pump why would it cause the Squeal?? The Squeal can be narrowed down to the front part of the motor. I am all for changing the pump i've seen a nice Holley high output one the thing that is stopping me is the Squeal..
AU00XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #33
JoesAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
I had the exact same symptoms, replaced the exact same parts, only to find it was the fuel pump. Admittedly, my car is a six, but the likeness of symptoms is uncanny!
Ford had the car for 2 days, found an old inactive Coil Pack code, but nothing else. this led me to replace a coil pack which was in perfect working order. (if you were to search 'threads started by me', you will find I gave the spare coil pack away to a member here) A shop with a scantool didn't find the coil code. another shop was requested to carry out a fuel pressure test. Another shop carried out a Carbon Clean. Add up the costs. $150 for plugs, $200 for CC, $80 for Coil Pack, $60 for Leads, $80 for Pyro. Filters, etc, + labour costs when used. Exhaust and Cat where less than 12 months, so I was confident they were ok.
Ford had replaced the Throttle Body, as the Idle Sensor was shot, and they couldn't undo it. I was starting to worry it was the problem, then a rep came into work with a specials list, with a fuel pump on it. Ordered one, fitted it, drama gone!

Mike
hey mate my car is curently doing the same thing, my car goes no where till 4000rpm, theres a huge rush to redline, even when you sit at 70km and boot it nothing happens till about 4000rpm, i never thouggt of the fuel pump, ive been over most things on the car, the throttle cable, swapped a few throttle bodies, reset the computer, changed the Tps, i dont know what else to do? i thought it could be the cam timing, but its set at 0 on my vernier gear?
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 01:04 AM   #34
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Joe check your cat converter. If its collapsed inside it will block your exaust causing this. Then as the revs pick up so does the pressure then it can free up. My XR8 did it to one cat and the other was fine. Was really wierd. Just a thought. It's not hard to check.

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #35
sly
Sly like a G6

If your cats are flanged it will cost $0 to unbolt them & look inside. My 6 was flat as a tack to about 3000 then picked up from there to redline before I changed the cat, much better afterwards. About 1/2 the core was in chunks bunched into the back end of the cat.

Have you had a kind of metallic buzz at idle from underneath the car that sounds like the exhaust is loose and vibrating against something solid? Not necessarily now but in the last year or 2? I've had cats collapse in 2 cars so far, and that buzz has been apparent in both around the time low-rev performance went south.

But don't let me talk you out of the fuel pump either. I'm just suggesting something that won't cost you to check if you have access to a pair of proper AS-compliant axle stands, or a mate with a hoist. I'm guessing you might need same to change a fuel pump, might as well look at the cats "while you're down there".
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #36
AU00XR8
AU00

Well it is finally fixed. Yep and just to me off it was a blocked injector. So after 5 mechanics, many new parts and around $2000 dollars it was done by a bottle of Nulon total fuel system cleaner. Yep the grand total of $25. Since then i have had a total fuel system clean and all the injectors replaced. Also had the preasure out of the fuel pump checked and that is okay.
AU00XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #37
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU00XR8
Well it is finally fixed. Yep and just to me off it was a blocked injector. So after 5 mechanics, many new parts and around $2000 dollars it was done by a bottle of Nulon total fuel system cleaner. Yep the grand total of $25. Since then i have had a total fuel system clean and all the injectors replaced. Also had the preasure out of the fuel pump checked and that is okay.
Good lesson there; if the car had a miss, do the cheap stuff first (like the Nulon).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post