Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU2 XR8 6 stacker

Took the 6 Stacker out a month ago, pulled it apart and removed the cd`s....( Car has only done 38,400 Kilo`s ) Reloaded the cd`s and it started working again.. Till yesterday.. Had enough, bought a DVD single Din Kenwood Head Unit, CAT10 for the steering wheel controls, Bluetooth plugin, and a CCD Reverse Flush Mounted Camera...
Installed the Camera first, ended up fitting it on the Bumper..Didn`t like drilling a 21m hole but it looks great on the bumper...Hooked up the Earth and Power from the reverse lights and ran the RCA wire to the Dash Board..
Next i removed the crappy 6 stacker, with a bit of wiggling the Unit popped out fairly easy...
Now here`s my problem.... i thought it would be easier if i had a wiring diagram of each wire which was pluged into the back of the 6 stacker head Unit, instead of wasting a few hours on testing each wire..
So i tried Google and no luck and did a search in here and still nothing..
So i thought someone here might have some Info or point me to a Link ...
Cheers

Bolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
dreadly
Banned

Aww bugger bro... Yeah our 6 stackers are prone to jamming. Load in 3 or 4 max and you'll have no dramas hey.
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly
someone here might have some Info or point me to a Link ...
You can buy an Aerpro head unit plug converter ($20??) to suit the AU, which plugs into the existing C186 socket. From there you join the wires between the converter and your new head unit plug.
I made some notes when I installed my aftermarket head unit. They may not be 100% complete but it will be a good start.

I'll hunt around for them but in the meantime the audio wiring diagrams are here:-
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...ry.php?cat=665
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
ronwest

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

edit: need to find a bit more info

Last edited by ronwest; 19-11-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 19-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #5
ronwest

Try again...

This is what I have in my notes. It's not complete and it may not be 100% accurate but it's enough to get you underway.
All you're doing is connecting the Ford plug to an (Aerpro) socket and then joining the corresponding wires to your new head unit plug.

edit: it didn't format too well. The Aerpro colours are in (brackets).

Ford (Aerpro)

Yellow = 12v constant (Yellow)
Brown = Illumination (Orange)
Grey/Green = Fr R Sp + (Grey)
Orange = Fr L Sp + (White)
Blue/Red = Rear R Sp + (Purple)
Pink/Green = Rear L Sp + (Green)
Blue/Pink = Dimmer? (Orange/White)
Black= Earth (Black)
Purple/Pink = ? (Red)
White = ?
Grey/Black = Fr R Sp - (Grey/Black)
Red/Blue = ? (Dk Blue)
Orange/Black = Fr L Sp - (White/Black)
Blue/Black = Rear R Sp - ((Purple/Black)
Pink/Black = Rear L Sp - (Green/Black)
Lt Blue/White = ?
Red Black = ?
Orange/Black = ?