Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #31
kiwikid10
WHAP!!! POW!!! ZORK!!!

I worked at Dana for 5 years, Borg warner is Dana technically, Borg warner was bought by BTR who were then subsequently bought by Dana.

I worked at the old Smithfield site where Borg Warner was plastered over the walls.
Some guys on the factory floor had shirts that had a BTR patch sewn over the Borg Warner embroidery. I also worked at the new factory in Yennora all Dana logo's.

The product never changed, just the badging in the castings.

In regards to quality, it all depends on when the diff was made and how motivated the guys on the floor were that week, a good week no problems, a bad week and bang every second diff. Personally I have a series 1 V8 live axle fairmont with LSD.

No problems for me, except when Fraud service tried filling it with Mineral oil instead of the synthetic with additive, the sucker sounded like someone had launched a hand grenade in there! After a quick threatening conversation and new oil she made some more noises for a week or so, now is back to silent and slippery. I guess it was a good week when my car was built.
Bodykit: Havoc
Wheels:XR8 AUII 17's
Interior: upgraded to Ghia,rebolstered seats.
Have parts just need fitting: Territory front brakes, Police issue rear brakes,Full sound system,Alpine HU/Processors,Focal speakers,Xtant amps.
kiwikid10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #32
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

Kiwikid10 - And the what day it was made is different to any other product? Every product has a we felt better that day so did a better job on it to it.

At the end of it all, the diffs are made to a tolerance like anything else, and it doesn't matter if its a borg warner/dana/salisbury/9 inch, some the exact same make/model are just better than another similar wether its to do with what day its made on how it was initially treated on run in.

I have a big bunch of diff parts in my shed from all different makes and models and the most interesting part of all on your dana is owned by btr point is that i have put in 28 spline borg warner spiders in a salisbury diff centre, i have put 28 spline 9 inch axles into 28spline borg warner spiders, and borg warner 28 spline spiders in a dana diff.

From what i have seen, up to a 28spline axle, if the diff centre is a 2 pinion non LSD 28 spline unit, its weak as wether 9 inch or BW, if its a 4pinion LSD unit then there as strong as each other and if its not strong enough then look at a 31spine or higher 9 inch for the job and go the big boy with the extra added weight.

On a note 2, i had a 66 XR with 351 clevo, 2500rpm hi stall, c10, pushing 504hp, 9inch 3.5 gears 28 spline 4 pinion clutch LSD, in giving it a flogging one night, i broke the 9 inch, it broke the housing U bolt that holds one side of the diff centre in, but not the 4pinion centre nor the 28spline axles.
Old 13-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #33
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Yes IRS was available on S-Packs & ESP's, but the LSD was an option.

Yes ESP's do exist, i've got one, basically they are an S-Pack with XR suspension inlcuding IRS & LSD.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #34
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au2falcons
Yes IRS was available on S-Packs & ESP's, but the LSD was an option.

Yes ESP's do exist, i've got one, basically they are an S-Pack with XR suspension inlcuding IRS & LSD.
Got pics?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Au2falcons,s car was the one i was refering to. Also there is a red S-Pack near me that clearly has IRS as the exhaust travels under the diff