Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #31
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
That's a link everyone should be bothered reading.

I noticed Paul Glover is writing for Top Gear Aus Mag. So that will probably be another magazine to heap praise and man goo over the VE.

Still trying to work out a way of sneaking in on a Hyundai launch, depth charges and half price cars.
Old 29-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #32
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Do you really know or could you imagine anyone saying oh my car is relatively good down the quarter but oh the handling. I don't think so. The only place that the ride, suspension and handling will come into place is if someone is bragging about the laptimes their car does and in Australia it doesn't seem all that relevant. Plus also if someone brags about how good a handler their car is it is likely that the blokes he is bragging too are going to say pis off you . Go and test your quarter and then brag to me.

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 08:09 AM   #33
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFella
Do you really know or could you imagine anyone saying oh my car is relatively good down the quarter but oh the handling. I don't think so. The only place that the ride, suspension and handling will come into place is if someone is bragging about the laptimes their car does and in Australia it doesn't seem all that relevant. Plus also if someone brags about how good a handler their car is it is likely that the blokes he is bragging too are going to say pis off you . Go and test your quarter and then brag to me.
Welcome to my world. I've been doing club sprints for a while now and to me handling and lap times > quarter mile times (only done about 4 passes in my life).

And I loooovve passing/lapping cars that would hose me in a 400m straight line race. 102 Throbbing kw at the wheels and able to bloody a few reputations at Winton.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #34
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Wheels magazine to me is glossy toilet paper with pictures of cars on it..... funny thing is before you even wipe it is covered with .........
Old 01-10-2008, 12:52 AM   #35
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Equally i could accuse you of knowing all HSV owners too to take that oposing position.. oh wait, sorry, i didn't mean to confuse and frustrate you with "intelligent speak"..
Have a look around, classic example is LS1 forums, 9/10 will boast about 1/4 times with barely a few interested in skidpads and slaloms. LS1 isnt even scratching the surface. And sorry bud nothing confusing, frustrating yes since we all love going into depth about every little topic all the time when we could be off the internet forums doing other things ie with the family/building something. Oh wait, sorry I guess I like many others have a life lol ...
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 AM   #36
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by icejagans
wheels is a holden brochure
no more to say
Wot he said
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post