Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
lbennett
Starter Motor

Default XR8 Police car - Perfect weather - Fog lights on

Just as a mention. Although it is supposedly illegal to use your fog lights in non-fog weather I recently saw a Police car in Eastwood with his on so he obviously did not see it as an issue. I never use mine. A bit of a waste really since they are effectively only decoration.

Old 23-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
1970galaxie
Fat 460

We all know that there is one rule for them, and one rule for us.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
Old 23-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
Shounak

Literally, there is. Police are exempt from pretty much everything, it doesn't even need to be in the course of duty.

Although to be fair, when they get caught doing a serious speed in a cop car, they're treated like criminals themselves. They have scheduled ESD interrogations where they have to justify it. 99% of the time they have a perfectly valid explanation, but that doesn't stop them from getting the 3rd degree.

Some cops even refrain from speeding in cop cars (unless really necessary) because it's too much trouble to prove your innocence.

Anyway, using fog lights is allowed for cops. Hell it probably just makes them more visible. I couldn't care less.

Old 23-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
mickbundy

Maybe he was a new type LOOK AT ME TYPE CLOWN there are lots around
Old 23-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #5
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jimmy justice
Old 23-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Cops in NSW are subjected to the same laws as you and I, there have been plenty who have been reprimanded for speeding, unauthorised use of lights, sirens etc. It's just like the rest of NSW though, bugger all are pulled over by police but done on speed cameras etc.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Cops in NSW are subjected to the same laws as you and I,
Ha ha, ya think? There's one in a town near me that always has the fog lights on. Maybe they just can't find the switch. (They do have an Alsation though, so maybe they should ask him to find the switch for them)

And ... a few months back when I questioned a local officer as to why she drove across a double unbroken centreline to enter a service station on a busy multi-lane road I got this reply .. "We can do what we like". At least she was honest I s'pose.
Old 23-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Rock ape

The only thing they cant do is fight crime.

New FG XR6T ZF
Old 23-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
And ... a few months back when I questioned a local officer as to why she drove across a double unbroken centreline to enter a service station on a busy multi-lane road I got this reply .. "We can do what we like". At least she was honest I s'pose.
That was probably just a smart a#%ed comment. In NSW it's legal to cross double unbroken white centre lines to enter or exit a property (driveway) by the shortest route, so she wasn't actually doing anything wrong.
Unless Police have their lights &/or siren on or have a very good reason for breaking the road rules, they can get done just the same as everyone else. Unless it's deemed dangerous, it's unlikely another cop will pull them over though (wouldn't go down very well at the local station, for either party).
If you see a police officer doing something wrong & it makes you feel better, you can go the local police station & make a report, nothing will probably happen (maybe a "just don't do it again") but it will have to be followed up once the paperwork has been entered.
Old 23-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Cops in NSW are subjected to the same laws as you and I, there have been plenty who have been reprimanded for speeding, unauthorised use of lights, sirens etc. It's just like the rest of NSW though, bugger all are pulled over by police but done on speed cameras etc.
Yeah maybe you are right but how often do you see a police car speed passed you, im not taling 110kph in a 50 zone more like 55-60 in a 50 zone. You cant sit here and tell me that they are looking to catch someone everytime, and that almost every police officer doesnt think they are better then every other motorist on the road. (I know my aunty was a cop and so was her husband)
Old 23-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramania
That was probably just a smart a#%ed comment. In NSW it's legal to cross double unbroken white centre lines to enter or exit a property (driveway) by the shortest route, so she wasn't actually doing anything wrong.
Unless Police have their lights &/or siren on or have a very good reason for breaking the road rules, they can get done just the same as everyone else. Unless it's deemed dangerous, it's unlikely another cop will pull them over though (wouldn't go down very well at the local station, for either party).
If you see a police officer doing something wrong & it makes you feel better, you can go the local police station & make a report, nothing will probably happen (maybe a "just don't do it again") but it will have to be followed up once the paperwork has been entered.
You just contidicted yourself, as they are subject to the same rules but nothing happens anyway. They break the law, and get a slap on the wrist
Old 23-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramania
In NSW it's legal to cross double unbroken white centre lines to enter or exit a property (driveway) by the shortest route,
No it's not.
Old 23-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
chubbz80
chubbz80

do wat i say not as i do is there rule
Old 23-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

god this gets tired
Old 23-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
god this gets tired

Yawn........
Closed Thread