Originally Posted by EBTom
rider was hidden by a-pillar.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #32
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTom
On a similar note, I had a bingle a few weeks ago. I came to stop on a small backstreet, waiting to turn right into another small street. I waited until two cars passed and I went to move off, but because of a number of reasons I didnt see the oncoming moped rider and consequently cut him off and he hit the side of my car.

I got an infringement notice for failing to give way. 3 Points and $182 fine.
Can someone explain the finer points of this charge? Should I have been given this fine even though I did come to a complete stop prior to hitting the other guy?

Im fully prepared to cop this penalty, but I dont think I explained the incident to the officer very well and obviously if I dont deserve the fine, I dont want to pay it.
I do courier type work as part of my job and in the last year ive also had one speeding fine about 10 months ago for which I lost one point. So for the next two months I'll only have 1 point before being suspended.
Are you for real? You nearly kill a bloke and you need it explained? How did you get your license?

This has go to rate as one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #33
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you retarded? I did not nearly kill the bloke. It was a 40kph street with speed humps every 80 metres or so. He was moving at about 20-30kph and I was less than 5kph. You dont know a thing about what happened and you want to come on an internet forum and criticise me like a tool?
My point is that the police officer obviously decides what charges to lay based on the statements given by the witnesses, myself included. I didnt explain everything I wanted fully, and I was just wondering if the outcome wouldve changed if I had.
FalconCoupe gave me the answer I was after so theres no need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Are you for real? You nearly kill a bloke and you need it explained? How did you get your license?

This has go to rate as one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
Closed Thread