Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #61
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
The pius is an ugly little bucket of shte , the battery can be had for around 1500 landed not the 5 to 6 k toyo want , anyway I prefer my surf , 20 cents a litre to fill it
go bio ( and it's quicker)
Thats what you replaced the wagon with hey... chip fat, Smells better then LPG.

New tech is good however. I'd love to see the running costs of a hybrid with gas as teh engines fuel...

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #62
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you were really committed to the environment you wouldn't own a car at all, you'd use public transport. If you're a typical car owner and watch your hip pocket you need to look at the overall operating costs, not just fuel economy. Check:

http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xch...ting_costs.htm

The operating cost of my RWD Ford Territory is lower than that of one of the two Prius models and not far off the other. The pious has the highest operating costs of any light car. The fact that it can cost as much to operate as a Ford Territory says quite a lot IMO. Time for Toyota to do its homework revision - and to think Rudd is going to use our taxes to help them build this thing :
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #63
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
If you were really committed to the environment you wouldn't own a car at all, you'd use public transport. If you're a typical car owner and watch your hip pocket you need to look at the overall operating costs, not just fuel economy. Check:

http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xch...ting_costs.htm

The operating cost of my RWD Ford Territory is lower than that of one of the two Prius models and not far off the other. The pious has the highest operating costs of any light car. The fact that it can cost as much to operate as a Ford Territory says quite a lot IMO. Time for Toyota to do its homework revision - and to think Rudd is going to use our taxes to help them build this thing :
Interesting stats.

The plot thickens :
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #64
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
This is incorrect. First off, Toyota have a warranty on the Prius batteries for 8 years in the US. Second off, its more the km the car travelled rather than the age of the car which will determine battery life. News reports from the states & canada suggest that there are some examples in taxi fleets and the like which have travelled over 200,000 miles without requiring a change of batteries.
It might be 8 years in the US, but it's 5 years here.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #65
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
For staters the prius isnt there to compete with the corolla or yaris. Its intended as an alternative to falcon/commodore/camry/aurion or other large cars.
I would find it hard to believe that someone looking for a Falc/Commo/Cam/Aurion would then turn around and buy a Prius. :togo: :