Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Default How hard is it to park a car?

Came back to my car at Wantirna Swinburne today to find some low life hit my car and decided that he/she didn't have to take responsibility for it either, no note or anything. So now i have to cough up for the repair bills :(

As you can see both the quarter panel and Bar have a great dent in it, also the indicator light is all loose, so god knows what else has been damaged

XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Sorry to see that XplosiveR6, this has happened to me a few times now in my AU. Makes me sick.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Kenster

OH! your car got damage from there as well. When i went there to study Automotive same campus my car got key a long side the passenger.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish that cars had DNA...could get the paint sample and track the car down, then put a dent in the driver of that car...maybe teaching them responsibility, as well as respect.

I better go and learn some restraint now.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Maybe he wanted to see if it would really explode?
Falcon_Phill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
MitchG

If you park your car in the same spot every day, look at the other cars around you for similar damage or blue paint on them.
MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

I had this happen at my workplace - I actually didn't recognise the car and too a picture of it as a result (as I was leaving the vehicle). Came back at lunch to find my front bar had a nice big scrape.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done. Nobody actually saw it take place, so neither the police or insurance are willing to persue.

It sucks.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mother you know whats.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Very hard, i think what may solve this is that they make car parks wider and longer , i feel for you mate i have been their and a mate of mine has been their as well , its a sick feeling in the stomach ! it make you not want to shop their any more ! deplorable act by some people who dont care for car people !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #10
yabby6
The Convert

car parks are plenty wide and long enough.. more focus on people parallel parking to get licenses.. i know when i got mine the most advanced manoeuvre (spell check??) i had to do was an angle park

sorry to see mate, happened to me on boxing day i parked in a car park and went into a servo came back to find some randoms standing at the nose of my car... i didn't even notice the massive dint in my rear quarter, luckily i was only in the shop a few minutes and the passers by were kind enough to take the rego and wait for me.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #11
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i know that they are wide enough ! they need to be wider and longer to stop people like these lol
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 02:20 AM   #12
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
i know that they are wide enough ! they need to be wider and longer to stop people like these lol
That was a silly comment that made little sense.

It's not that parks should be wider, people like this should not have a license to begin with.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everybody makes mistakes, but what gets me is that no one seems to own up to their's anymore. My SV8 has been hit/scratched/etc a few times in carparks and I've never seen a note with any details .... gutless ....

Sorry about your XR :(
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Rrrs holes do the damage and then drive off.

We all make a blue now and then, but the the honest person leaves their contact details............. the turds, the low lifes, the people with no respect for anyone or anything drive off.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #15
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is unfortunate and frustrating for sure for you to not only have damage but to know that the jerks didn't bother to own up to their stupidity. I don't think car parks being any wider would ever solve this problem as some people would still not have a clue on how to park correctly and still hit others cars and not admit to it.

Once you have your car fixed you could look at those car pads that go all the way round and do protect your car from such idiots. The padding can't be stolen apparently. If I could find the link to it I would add it to here, but as per usual it is hidden somewhere in the dark depths of what is known as my computer :

Here is a site but not so sure its exactly the one I was looking for:
http://www.hailsafe.com.au/rash_pads.htm
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #16
Dennis8

I saw a small truck hit the car parked next to it, he turned too sharp and the tray on his truck gouged right through the panel of the car. He looked around, drove off, I got his number plate and left a note on the car. I ended up getting a call from the cops to confirm it was legit and if I would sign a report, no problem I says, gave me a nice warm feeling I could help someone out, and dob in the pr1ck that drove off.
Dennis8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

http://www.hailsafe.com.au/rash_pads.htm

is it just me or does anyone else think that this is one of the silliest products around?
Old 22-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #18
azaxr8

hahah x00boss agreed they are stupid as but, ive seen them work and they do a decent job.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #19
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis8
I saw a small truck hit the car parked next to it, he turned too sharp and the tray on his truck gouged right through the panel of the car. He looked around, drove off, I got his number plate and left a note on the car. I ended up getting a call from the cops to confirm it was legit and if I would sign a report, no problem I says, gave me a nice warm feeling I could help someone out, and dob in the pr1ck that drove off.
Congrats wish you were around when a white colt hit my car - very frustrating coming back and seeing damage and there is little you can do about it.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have helped a few people out too when I have seen their cars get hit and the perpetrator takes off by leaving the offenders details. Shame the karma hasn't made its way round back to me yet... cause I am up to about 4 or 5 times now. 2 of those times was within 2 weeks each of getting a new car (only had 3 new cars all up, so 2 of those were damaged in the first fortnight). I have had two damaged while parked claims that needed to go through insurance, one was $2500, and the other was $2200. The others were a few hundred here and there on paintless dent removal and bumper touch repairers. Never have I had anyone leave a note. I once bumped a car and left a note. The guy was so surprised he gave me a lottery ticket (and said the scratches matched the others anyway so he didn't care, but thanked me for my honesty). Someone hit the 'lane last week with their towbar, smashed the number plate frame and pulled the bar down. Managed to fix it, but it just really annoys you that people are so careless, and then just don't care.

So now I know not to park next to 4wd's in carparks as the big doors aren't really able to be controlled by the kids in the back seat so they end up hitting whatever is next to them. But low and behold you park next to a Barina and a Prado will be be there when you leave. To avoid this I park at the end of a row, hard up against the gutter or line, giving the adjacent car FULL range to extend their doors from the middle of their spot withough touching my car. All fine in theory until they park half in your space because its easier than parking between their lines. Grrr.

I now ride my pushie ot the shops, or if I need lots of stuff or big stuff, I go to shops where I can parallel park.

Accidents can happen, especially with kids opening rear doors etc, but NO-ONE takes any responsibility for their actions if there is damage. No one has any respect for others property, and people just couldn't give a damn that others have to spend their hard earned to clean up their mess.
Old 23-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #21
black.canman
Starter Motor

i seen this the other day in taylors lakes the bloke hit the other car going into park then drove off like nothing happened but just so happened i had me phone handy got his license lol then waited 20mins for the owner too come out that was my good deed for the year ..
black.canman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #22
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I wish that cars had DNA...could get the paint sample and track the car down, then put a dent in the driver of that car...maybe teaching them responsibility, as well as respect.

I better go and learn some restraint now.
Cars do kind of have 'dna' in the paint. The chemicals in the paint can be analysed and used to match the paint of a vehicle.
Old 23-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #23
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

So now I know not to park next to 4wd's in carparks as the big doors aren't really able to be controlled by the kids in the back seat so they end up hitting whatever is next to them. But low and behold you park next to a Barina and a Prado will be be there when you leave. To avoid this I park at the end of a row, hard up against the gutter or line, giving the adjacent car FULL range to extend their doors from the middle of their spot withough touching my car. All fine in theory until they park half in your space because its easier than parking between their lines. Grrr.
um 4wd bashing will get you no where its parking beside crappy cars i look out for , if they dont care about theirs why care about mine, have you been walking back to your car and seen people leaning on your car ,i have