Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
nikos
mezzo forte

Default Front end squeak

Hey guys

Departed work today, and noticed in slow maneuvers around the rough car park and speed bumps, a loud squeaking every time the front left wheel went up/down. Didn't notice it on the open road, but at home on the driveway etc it was very noticeable.

The car didn't seem to perform any differently on the road. I gave it the good ol' shock test by pushing down the front quarter but it seemed fine, except for the loud squeak. Been doing a lot of driving on wet dirt roads recently, don't know if some grit got somewhere it shouldn't.

Anybody have any ideas as to the noise source?

Btw I have King ultralows around stock shocks, don't know how old the shocks are either, probably original kit. Car is forte sedan with 156k on the clock.

Cheers,

Nic

nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sway bar bushes. a lot of people have had these issues recently, all seem to be the same cause, these wouldn't show up as easily just bouncing the car up and down, only under a lot of movement
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
sly
Sly like a G6

A seized upper control arm ball joint can also make a squeaking noise if changing the sway bar bushes doesn't fix it.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
nikos
mezzo forte

Hmmm i might get under and have a look, hit em up with some wd40 lol. Or maybe time to upgrade to nothalane

Cheers fellas
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos
Hmmm i might get under and have a look, hit em up with some wd40 lol. Or maybe time to upgrade to nothalane

Cheers fellas
I was using motorbike chain lube every now and again, but got sick of that as it needed doing every 3 weeks or so and finally replaced them. It was an easy job.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #6
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

It can be a few different bushes. Sway bar, upper control arm bushes(which are hard to get to with lube) or even lower control arm bushes. maybe even the spring rubbers. I wouldn't be pointing at the ball joints. Maybe after checking everything else.
I'd say lube up the easiest to get to bushes then if the noise is still there do the other bushes that you can lube without having to press any out.

Hope this helps. Cheers

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post