Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Default suspicious?

people i want to sorce a ba bulge bonnet for my ef. a forum member PMd me asking for my email address as there was someone who was making this product. today i recieved this letter.

Dear prospective customer,

To those of you who are interested in this product I will just give a brief rundown of who I am and what I set out to achieve so you know who you are putting confidence in. My name is Adam Keen. I was heavily involved in the development of the AWC business and its products. When the business was left struggling, I ensured that customer orders were fulfilled as promised.

I was directly involved in the R&D, plug work, moulding and production of the XR50 front bar, Drift bonnet, AU low series boss bonnet, AWC hard cover, and the pursuit quad pipe rear bar.

At this stage I will be mainly focusing on bonnets (EF/EL boss bonnet, AU high series boss bonnet, and FG boss bonnet), but will also conduct other projects (one being the completion of the TS50 wagon rear bar).

Kustoms in the name is just that, I will be focusing on doing custom work, jobs that most body kit manufacturers aren’t interested in, meaning we won’t be just a sausage factory pumping out a lot of product, ensuring quality is kept at a high level. You will see from some of the major projects I undertook stated earlier (XR50, drift bonnet etc), I listen to what the market wants and set about bringing it to reality, not just talking about it!

Many companies in the industry at the moment appear to be big on talk, and not so big on action.
Another thing to note is the complete lack of response to questions and enquiries made on the forums. During my time at AWC, I was well known for my commitment to answering every question posted and I will be aiming to maintain that level. I'm considering sponsoring the forums and having my own section once these projects are complete (let me all know what you think?)."

Now more importantly the EF/EL Boss Bonnet!

Once all deposits are received (of which 10 I will need) I will begin construction of this. The goal is to have a few bonnets on vehicles by the Peter Warren All Ford Day in Sydney (which is only a few months away!).

The price for the bonnet will be $750 including gas struts, making a 50% deposit payment of $375, then a final payment before dispatch of your bonnet (freight at extra cost). Fibresports quote of $650 was PLUS struts. This price will include a grille for the Fairmont owners (which I would appreciate input on design), but only for the initial deposit placers, grille will be at extra cost after completion of the bonnet for new customers.

Please respond to this email with -

Your full name

Postal address

Delivery address (if different)

Contact number

Fairmont or non-Fairmont

This will allow me to complete an invoice and email to you so that when you deposit the money you can use the invoice number as a reference. The invoice will also include deposit details.

Again I would like to thank you for your business and also ask strongly that this project going ahead is kept off the public forums as much as possible. Other companies not knowing about this project will help protect the exclusivity of your bonnet on launch day!

If you have any more questions let me know

I am finishing off the website at the moment, and will also be giving you all regular updates on the progress of the project.

Regards

Adam Keen

anyone else think this sounds sorta sus? anyone know this bloke?
opinions please. THank you

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not suss at all I have bout a body kit for my old AU off AWC when Adam was there
His name is Falkeen on the forums - do a search and you will find out
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how many threads do you want to start on this subject

laminge responded to you in the oze section

might be a good idea to do as he asked

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

and i have responded to lamige. i posted this thread here as well as it is not only the opinions of e series owners that i am after. thank you for the very helpful, knowledgeable advise tho.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

One thread is enough.
Closed Thread