Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #61
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdude
do undercover even bother with small traffic offences?
i would think they have bigger fish to fry .

i've only ever seen "unmarked" police cars pull people over but the officer is always in full uniform.
That's my point. Everyone boasts that they've spotted an 'undercover' police car, but the reality is they've seen an 'unmarked' one. Massive difference.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #62
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
That's my point. Everyone boasts that they've spotted an 'undercover' police car, but the reality is they've seen an 'unmarked' one. Massive difference.
I can back you up there, years ago I had to do some work on an undercover car, and it was a 12 year old vehicle. You'd never pick that car for what it was! One of the vehicles I had to drive regularly in the late 80's was a 14 year old Transit Van (unmarked, but fitted with a siren : )

Though, it's the unmarked cars that MAY be involved in traffic work, that everyone's concerned about. Detectives rarely bother with traffic, and there are other departments that drive unmarked cars, who have no interest in writing tickets.
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post