Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #31
Aeron
DJR Fan

I only juuuust missed one on Bells Line Of Road at night about a month ago. 100Kph into a downhill corner, the grey patch jumped infront of my car. Missed it but! ;D
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #32
JG3282
Awake after dark

I used to drive trucks for a living and had a score card back at the depot with the other drivers. There's two particular nights that i remember vividly:

1- I was following a B-Double out on the Bass Hwy at 3am in the morning and was a little dozy. Next thing I start to nod off then BANG I feel a huge impact, all the lights go out in my rig and the B-Double disappears into the distance. My first thought is that I'd run up his ****. By the time I slow down from the "speed limit" and pull over I get out and there's half a roo hanging off the bull bar. I'm about 175 cm tall and I kid you not, the half a roo that was left would have dwarfed me.

2- Another night not long after that. It was a full moon and the crazies were out in full force. That night I notched up 14 bunnies, 7 bats, 2 cats, 2 rats, a roo and a snake. I also picked up two female hitch hikers... does that count?

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 AM   #33
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I hit a dog at 80kph once... As I pulled over, a drunk stumbled up to the roadside and goes "mate, have ya seen my dog?"

Then a toyota of some sort drove past & hit the dog.

Then the drunk's kids came up calling out for the dog.

Then a commodore hit the dog.

Somehow I got roped into packing the sack of blood, shit & fur into a box in my boot, and dumping it 5km out of town. :

The kids were told that the "thing" on the road was just a "Really big cat" :Reverend:

Then I went home for tea, but for some reason I wasn't hungry! All I could smell was dog!
I'm just curious as to what raw dog smells like?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #34
BuuBox

I've hit a kangaroo in a '88 Corolla, but it only glanced it at around 40km/h, didn't do any damage to it or the car. Friggin' scared the shit out of me though, first time I'd hit anything.

Recently ran over a cat in my Fairmont, somewhat smaller than a Kangaroo though! Ran off the road but died, felt bad after that. Wish people wouldn't leave their cats out at night :(
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 AM   #35
JG3282
Awake after dark

A band called the Cosmic Psychos had a song called Dead Roo with the lyrics "It was smaller than a cow, it was bigger than a cat, think I've done a kangaroo, poor little skippy just went splatt!"

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #36
The Mighty Red

i have hit 2 roos in my time so far , 1 in jenkins ave in whyalla the other was at sellicks sth of Adelaide, 1st 1 took out headlight and front guard on my mums camira and the 2nd 1 i cleaned up in my hilux no damage.
Old 15-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #37
SMOKDUB
SMOKDUB

well since i drive a toyota landcruiser ute i have a bloody good bull bar and scrub bars so i charge the bloody things, at laest not as bad as a mate he chases the damn things off the road and yes he follows till he cant go no more or kills it. he's tapped.

You gotta watch those pink and grey galahs cause when u hit them they leave this grey powder smear on the paint and well the damn stuff is bloody hard to get off,

:
Old 16-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #38
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
I'm just curious as to what raw dog smells like?
Think of Fido on a rainy day, after he's decided to keep warm (and attempt to get dry again) by sleeping on your shoes. Now, get a meat tenderiser and pound a raw steak until it's one part limp solid and three parts liquid. Add the liquid to the sleeping wet warm dog (on your shoes). There's your raw dog smell

It wasn't fun dumping the carcass... it has soaked the cardboard box and nearly fell through when I lifted it!

On a side note I hit an adult wombat at 70kph last Friday Superlows + E-series front bumper should have meant certain death to the front end of the car, but surprisingly the bumper simply half-popped-off (with a crack in the lower part of it too now) and Fatso went under the block and out from under the passenger door. The little suicide log made it to the exact middle of my bumper! Unbelievably I don't need a wheel alignment (for this reason).

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #39
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

My old man drove trucks for ages and reckons; "If you come around a corner and find....
  1. Sheep - hit the brakes but take your time as their just like speed humps.
  2. Roos - hit the brakes a bit harder as the buggers leave damage.
  3. Cows - bye bye front end.
  4. Horses/Camels - kiss your **** goodbye, as the mongrels get you back by coming over the top!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post