Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
renegade334

Default AAAARRGGH Vicroads drive me up the wall!

Hey guys,

It was my 18th birthday exactly a week ago, and yesterday was my year 12 graduation, I went to a party afterwards, and of course limited my drinking so I could drive 38 Ks to sunbury today to do my practical driving test so I could get my Ps.

I finally arrived, approached the desk and told them I was there for my test, she asked for my learners permit, and said, "no, you're booked for the 27th of the 12th!" "you've got a month to go"

We called vicroads, and it turns out, the woman who booked me in for my test, put December instead of November by mistake!!!

AAARRGGHHH!!

They were really apologetic and offered a test tomorrow morning in greensborough, but I start my work training tomorrow morning.

That is REALLY annoying.

renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
fmc351
let it burn

I feel ya mate. It seems to be what some of them think they do for a living.

RTA - Really Talented Ar5eholes
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Do you think she'll get her pay docked or even un/officialy warned? Nope.

Should have stood your ground and said none of them were leaving until they also did your test.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
RapidBF
Rapid BF XR8 Ute

Yeah ok, so it sucks, but she is only human. We all make mistakes, why should she get her pay docked or a warning for it?
RapidBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
partzkid

i'm in the same boat as renegade334. went to get my license back today after six months suspension and the woman turns around and tells me that i still have another three months to go. WHAT THE %$%^#%$#. i'm on my p's and lost all my points so i have the option of one year with one point or another three months suspension and then i get all my points back (5). she tells me that they have added the three months on top of my six automatically without me telling them which one i want to do. then she says she can't change it and i have to cop another three months. AAAAARGH! stupid bloody VICROADS. all well see how i go when i go back tomorrow with all these new papers filled out.

partzkid
partzkid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
SlikedTurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by partzkid
i'm in the same boat as renegade334. went to get my license back today after six months suspension and the woman turns around and tells me that i still have another three months to go. WHAT THE %$%^#%$#. i'm on my p's and lost all my points so i have the option of one year with one point or another three months suspension and then i get all my points back (5). she tells me that they have added the three months on top of my six automatically without me telling them which one i want to do. then she says she can't change it and i have to cop another three months. AAAAARGH! stupid bloody VICROADS. all well see how i go when i go back tomorrow with all these new papers filled out.

partzkid

if you lost all of your points on P's then it sounds like you need the extra 3 months.
Old 27-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
partzkid

smart comment.it was only one offense. i did my time so put that to rest
Old 27-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

all of your points is 5 points
two mistakes and your walking.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #9
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by partzkid

partzkid
What was the 6 months for? I gather 3 months no licence is an option instead of 12 months on 1 point. So what was the 6 months for?

From what I can read in that, and Im assuming here, the offence committed carried a 6 months licence loss penalty. Additionally, when you want your licence back, the golden point option is offered, or 3 additional months no licence. You failed to inform them of your chosen option, so they simply applied one.

Im not sure why there seems to be two penalties. Sounds like you lost your licence twice. As in, the offence carried enough points to cancel two licences of your class.
Old 27-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #10
renegade334

Yeh, and I understand it was just a simple mistake.

To be honest, vicroads has been really helpful, they tried to get an tester up to sunbury to help me out but there were none, and they are trying to get me a spot ASAP (when I don't have training for my new job)

I was just REALLY looking forward to driving by myself, driving my ED, and not having my mum panic when the revs go over 2500

Anyone else got any ideas on how I can get a test BEFORE late January (thats when they are booked till at the moment) and with driving 100s of Ks?

Cheers
Old 28-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidBF
Yeah ok, so it sucks, but she is only human. We all make mistakes, why should she get her pay docked or a warning for it?
Yea sorry. Should have said "Do you want her ...blah blah" ...

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #12
partzkid

loss on license was for speeding. bang. 6 points there and then. i didn't fail to inform them caus the woman at vicroads said that they never even sent the letter out

partzkid
Old 28-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #13
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I have had some dealings with VicRoads lately and must say they are so inflexible, stuck in the dark ages and take forever to do anything.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #14
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

i use a simple rule when ringing Vic Roads """"ask them to put one finger in their ear so it dosnt fly out the otherside and get them to repeat all you have just said to them"""""

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the day i went to get my licence i rocked up to find out that they had booked me at the sunshine vicroad centre instead of broady. i did my hazards at broady but they still booked me in at sunshine lol.

needless to say my instructor arked up and i did the test out of broadmeadows
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
rodderz

There is a funny email doing the rounds at the moment with some nutcase from Croydon ringing up Vicroads asking for a license test to the get them coppers off his back, he's had his license since 1980

Cant post it as the language is extremely colourful but I'm tipping the bloke at vicroads would of been laughing for hours aferwards
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
Suicidal Goldfish
Starter Motor

Ring every couple of days because there's always cancellations and such going on. I failed my test first off in august and the next appointment was in November. I was absolutely shattered. I rang a few Vicroads though, including far far away ones, managed to get an appointment the next week in Carlton though Also I went with my cousin out to Seymour to do his test a while back, all he had to do was drive around the block and pull back into Vicroads to pass Give that a go if all else fails
Suicidal Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #18
renegade334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Goldfish
Ring every couple of days because there's always cancellations and such going on.

Yep, thats what I'm doing... and thats how I got the appointment in the first place, I had it booked for a different day, but I had work training that day, so we rang a few times a day and each time they had cancellations, either that I couldn't make or were too far... one was in half an hour at broady.

The last time I had called them she said there was one on tuesday, so we said yes, and she put it in... the twenty-seventh... of the twelfth... which is of course a couple of days away...

They were so helpful trying to get me a tester or closer appointment, now they aren't being anywhere near as helpful , they told us they will review the call and if this vicroads person DID put in the wrong date, (which she did) then they will try and move us up the queue.
Old 30-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade334

They were so helpful trying to get me a tester or closer appointment, now they aren't being anywhere near as helpful , they told us they will review the call and if this vicroads person DID put in the wrong date, (which she did) then they will try and move us up the queue.
Whats the bet that takes 4 weeks to investigate.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #20
renegade334

Well, they listened to the call,
and yes it was their mistake, so they offered me another test on wednesday (the last day of my course) so they booked me in for the 13th at oakleigh.

So I hope to see you on the roads then!

(P.S, I got an early offer for a paramedic course a VU today WOOHOO!! (sorry, just had to tell someone...))