Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation 2005 Used Car Prices America !!!

Entry-Level Luxury Cars:
Lincoln LS, Cadillac CTS, Acura TL
If we were looking in the vast entry-level luxury market segment, we'd certainly try to find a clean Lincoln LS, with the Euro-look LSE body-color package, a 3.9-liter V8 engine, 5-speed automatic, taut European handling, and clean good looks, not to mention a boatload of standard luxury accoutrements, for around $24,000. Our choice for a good domestic competitor in the class would be the Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6 automatic at $23,440. For a premium price, you could look into an Acura TL 3.2 V6 manual for $28,000, slicker and better looking than a BMW 3-Series.

2005 Ford Five HundredFull-Size Sedans:
Mercury Grand Marquis, Ford Five Hundred, Toyota Avalon
There are really only three players in this part of the market, and we think the Mercury Grand Marquis LS, with rear drive, a 4.6-liter V8 engine, and lots of interior space is a bargain at a KBB retail price of $16,080. For something even roomier and more modern, think about a Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD with a 3.0-liter V6 and automatic transmission, for around $18,390. Or, consider a roomy front-drive Toyota Avalon XLS 3.5 V6 at $25,240, pricy, but practically guaranteed to stay out of the shop.

2005 Cadillac STSLuxury Cars:
Lincoln Town Car, Cadillac STS, Mercedes-Benz E320
On the lowest tier of the luxury car market, cars that sold new for about $50,000 with options, there's quite a breadth of choice. Don't overlook the Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, loaded with luxury gear, a 4.6-liter V8 and 5-speed automatic for around $25,840 retail in excellent condition. Its perennial rival, the front-drive Cadillac STS, comes with a Northstar 4.6-liter V8 engine, big sound system, navigation, and a lot of luxury extras for a bigger ticket, at about $33,100. A great value for those looking for a long-term relationship would be the Mercedes-Benz E320 with the 3.2-liter V6 engine and the excellent 4Matic computer-controlled all-wheel-drive system, retailing at $35,740.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

My understanding that it's a case of population factors. We have 20m people in Oz and the US has 301m people. So I think the prices and products have to be far more competative there.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Are those figures in US dollars?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

They're all Ford derivatives too.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 AM   #5
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lincoln town cars are VERY common in america. In new york, every 3rd car is a black lincoln town car. Even their new car prices are cheap as. Chrysler 300c's start at about USD$30k new. In australia they're over $50k.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The prices come with a catch. You have to live in 'that' country to take advantage of them :yeees: I'd rather live here and pay a bit more for my car
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

I can see why they are so cheap, The yanks have this habbit of designing bland Carbage that couldn't hold resale no matter what. Also i think the high turn over and population growth over there have something to do with it.
I am guessing the figures are US dollars.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Because of the snow in most parts of the US, cars rust out very quick. The only cars that survive for longer than 10 years are in the lower states. eg California
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
I can see why they are so cheap, The yanks have this habbit of designing bland Carbage that couldn't hold resale no matter what. Also i think the high turn over and population growth over there have something to do with it.
I am guessing the figures are US dollars.
All euro cars are cheaper there too, you have to go around 5-10 years older to get similar prices here in aus for say audi S3, S4, BMW 3 series etc etc etc.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post