Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #61
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

just at at that age when its too old for new car buyers and too new for old car buyers.

great looking car.... hope to get one myself oneday but it will be a couple of years probably.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #62
buickman
buickman

[
Quote:
QUOTE=dave351cid]just at at that age when its too old for new car buyers and too new for old car buyers.
Thats the problem the car is worth the money for the little use its had but with a new Ford comming on the scene next year the value on the BA's will really start to devalue probley not as quick as the AU's but the S1 performance BA's will be a bargin for the car they are.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #63
thevintage
Starter Motor

: : Got a call from local car auction seller,he said the best i would get at auction would be $31000-$35000.So i dropped the price again to $39000 in the hope i can get a few offers above the auction price.It is listed on carsales and is nearly the cheapest low km ba gtp on site.Some people on there are like me when i first listed asking up to $50000 for the same model car,they are in for a big disappointment.
thevintage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #64
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Do people buy FPV's in the hope that they will hold value?

You lose money on any car within the first few years. Just for kicks I was looking at the last of the I6 M3's, and they are mostly around the $80k mark now, if not less.

It sucks but cars are not investments unless they are unique or classics.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #65
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevintage
I have been trying to sell a ba gtp with 28000 km ,herrod full exhaust cold air and 12 monthes rego for 4 monthes.Over that time i have reduced the price by $7000 to $42500 ono.I have recieved a grand total of 5 phone calls,no one has even come to have a look not even a tyre kicker looking for a test drive.What have i got to do move it becides giving it away to dealer or auction house ? :

For the Kms yours is probably the best priced BA Mk1 GTP on carsales.
You've probably seen it but there's one like yours on there same colour and age with 60k kms wanting $46.5k !!!! so if you can't get $40k theres no hope in hell of him getting what he wants.

If yours was a BA Mk2 or BF1 I'd be round in a flash as I'm considering updating but don't want a car oldler than the one I've got...plus the MK1s were pretty sparsely optioned IMO....no gauges or split air cond etc

If you dropped your price to $37k it'd sell tomorrow in my opinion as the rest in that price range have much higher kms and that's where you'd have the advantage.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #66
thevintage
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Do people buy FPV's in the hope that they will hold value?

You lose money on any car within the first few years. Just for kicks I was looking at the last of the I6 M3's, and they are mostly around the $80k mark now, if not less.

It sucks but cars are not investments unless they are unique or classics.
The current gt (2003) onwards will never be a classic inthe way xw/xy were,i bought mine as a lifestyle decision when it was 11 monthes old with 5000km for $58000 the first owner paid $80000,if i wanted a investment i would have bought mining shares.
Old 26-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #67
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
The current gt (2003) onwards will never be a classic inthe way xw/xy were,i bought mine as a lifestyle decision when it was 11 monthes old with 5000km for $58000 the first owner paid $80000,if i wanted a investment i would have bought mining shares.
Yeap fair enough, aslong as your ownership has been fun then all is good.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #68
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Don't you believe it....Maybe not in the same class as the late 60's early 70's GT's ....Just look at XB's in the past 10 years.,...A bloke up teh road was selling his XB GT in 1995 for $4,500 ..he just couldn't sell it and it was sitting on his front lawn with a for sale sign in the windscreen for the best part of that year.

He ended up selling it for $4k and if it is still in good nick today it would be worth circa $50k

What are the more recent GT's in the E series going for?...if you can get one, these seem as rare as hens teeth.

The model "GT" is a brand in its own right and makes me think if the FPV range has any value in years to come the Typhoon may miss out.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #69
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Don't you believe it....Maybe not in the same class as the late 60's early 70's GT's ....Just look at XB's in the past 10 years.,...A bloke up teh road was selling his XB GT in 1995 for $4,500 ..he just couldn't sell it and it was sitting on his front lawn with a for sale sign in the windscreen for the best part of that year.

He ended up selling it for $4k and if it is still in good nick today it would be worth circa $50k

What are the more recent GT's in the E series going for?...if you can get one, these seem as rare as hens teeth.

The model "GT" is a brand in its own right and makes me think if the FPV range has any value in years to come the Typhoon may miss out.
Then why is the most sort after of all the falcons not a GT but a GTHO?
It cant be because it has GT is the name because if that were the case then the GTS, GTR and GTO would also be super wanted.
And the the Suzuki GT, Cortina GT, Capri GT etc are not mega overpriced icons are they?
Could it be that the GTHO was the fastest model of the era?

What model is the quickest Falcon ever made? 50/50 or phone a friend?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #70
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Theres a pile of E series GT's for sale at the moment, all around 25k to 35k. The plastic GT's may become somthing worthy of some value in 20 years time if they even survive that long, but today the reality of it is they are worth stuff all.
Buying cars to make bulk $$ out of is a bad scheme, you buy one of the new GT's in todays market to be a daily driver, or a fun tourer, not to make money from.

I think you have the right sale attitude, just be open to offers, stop reducing the price further than you have though, use the 39 or 40k as your start point, and the rest is bargaining leverage.
The biggest let down on that car in my opinion is the auto, all the BA 4 speed autos were horrible things. They were much better cars as manuals.

Good luck on your sale.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #71
Cracka20

Quote:
I have been trying to sell a ba gtp with 28000 km ,herrod full exhaust cold air and 12 monthes rego for 4 monthes.Over that time i have reduced the price by $7000 to $42500 ono.I have recieved a grand total of 5 phone calls,no one has even come to have a look not even a tyre kicker looking for a test drive.What have i got to do move it becides giving it away to dealer or auction house ? :
If I had the money I would have brought it! Then I would have two!! and I would drive one to work : dream...dream.. oh how I wish!
Cracka20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:38 AM   #72
thevintage
Starter Motor

Sold the car yesterday for $35750 ,personally hard to take but the second car market was around that price.I recieved 5-6 calls when i reduced the price to $39000.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #73
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess you'd have to be half happy with that...

Its a shame you had to let it go for that price, but at the same time it is what it was worth.

At least you'll be able to sleep better at night.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #74
thexyking

Quote:
Sold the car yesterday for $35750 ,personally hard to take but the second car market was around that price.I recieved 5-6 calls when i reduced the price to $39000.
Just enjoy the holiday, time with family away from work is priceless (if I could get some for $5k, I'd jump at the chance).

Newer cars are newer cars and the price always falls further than you could ever believe. I paid $40k for a VX SS (OK, I got what I deserved)and sold it two years later for depreciation of $1,000 per month.

Does that make you feel better? (at least you bought a Ford!).
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #75
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Well someone got a bargain, considering their new price on the road.
But at the end of the day you sold it for that much, and shifted it at a time that is tradditionally not a good time to sell. Well done on your sale.
If you ever decide to re-enter the plastic GT market, you now know which way is the best way to do it. Second Hand, and with plenty of cars to choose from, you can pick and choose what combo you want and get it for a song.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #76
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Roo 1970
Well someone got a bargain, considering their new price on the road.
But at the end of the day you sold it for that much, and shifted it at a time that is tradditionally not a good time to sell. Well done on your sale.
If you ever decide to re-enter the plastic GT market, you now know which way is the best way to do it. Second Hand, and with plenty of cars to choose from, you can pick and choose what combo you want and get it for a song.
He did buy it second hand according to his post further up.