Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #61
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
No issues that allow me to be goaded into street races.

How infantile are you when someone else can control your mind?

If you want to see plain stupid, find yourself a mirror.

Mate if you can read..... You may need to read the post where I make it quite clear that any comments like yours are not welcome or appreciated, if you continue I'll have you removed for good.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #62
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Happy to admit to street racing? :

So you would do it but not admit to it?????

"DABOSS" is the one who said he was street racing not me??????? sleep: sleep:

I just said I would be happy if my car was as quick as a gts,because they are bloody quick cars.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #63
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

When the circumstances are right and safe a quick blat of the lights and not (too far ) beyond the speed limit you can get away with. Its the idiots that do it to every fast car at every set of lights who will get caught.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
Old 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #64
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V

I just said I would be happy if my car was as quick as a gts,because they are bloody quick cars.
yeah

in the olden times plenty of scores were settled at the lights. nowdays kids spend all day on the playstation bragging about their gran tourismo times lol
Old 12-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #65
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
Mate if you can read..... You may need to read the post where I make it quite clear that any comments like yours are not welcome or appreciated, if you continue I'll have you removed for good.
You do that, here I am, continuing.

Of course my comments arent welcome, Im not your mummy telling you how wonderful you are, ya dolt. Welcome to the real world, where your mummy isnt here to hold your hand, or cut the crusts off your sandwiches.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #66
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

What a bunch of friggin' hypocrites. Most of you need to get off your high horse and own up to doing this sort of thing at least once.

Mate, I know what you mean and I get PO'd at those antics as well. I generally just go the opposite direction and go even slower, then flip 'em the bird and if the chance comes up I'll mouth something sweet and romantic to them

On the odd occasion I do give mine a quick squirt to just let them know they are no threat.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 12-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #67
billsta

These things happen every where all the time, with the amount of performance/modified cars out there everyone has had a taste for it though, it is dangerous but ppl do it, the adrenline, the ego and knowing your doing something your not supposed to...

There's no use having a crack at each other about it, instead of the govt playing its usual tactic of taking rights away from us and new avenues of revenue raisings, they should really be looking to introduce more education and more venues in major cities to try minimise the impact to the public but also give enthusiasts more options and venues to enjoy their pride and joy.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #68
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:

Im not your mummy telling you how wonderful you are, ya dolt. Welcome to the real world, where your mummy isnt here to hold your hand, or cut the crusts off your sandwiches.

Are you ok???????

1) You have never driven a high powered car?

2) You own a high powered car but have never driven it?

3) You own and drive a high powered car but not once have you EVER been tempted to speed in it?

4) You own a high powered car and thrash it occasionly like most car enthusiasts?

5) You are just a bull s#%t artist and hypocrite who would have done exactly what he did if you felt it was safe to do so?

6) You are a strange and rare breed of car enthusiast who has never once in his life engaged in something stupid that you regret?

7) You just felt like argueing?
Old 12-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #69
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Are you ok??????? Im fine thanks for asking.

1) You have never driven a high powered car? Numerous. Currently a nice 351

2) You own a high powered car but have never driven it? Well, Id have to get it home at least.

3) You own and drive a high powered car but not once have you EVER been tempted to speed in it? Is there a point in here. I used to have unprotected sex, doesnt mean Im going to sit silent if my son does the same.

4) You own a high powered car and thrash it occasionly like most car enthusiasts? In appropriate locations. These are not known as streets.

5) You are just a bull s#%t artist and hypocrite who would have done exactly what he did if you felt it was safe to do so? No, I control my own mind. Peer pressure has no effect on me.

6) You are a strange and rare breed of car enthusiast who has never once in his life engaged in something stupid that you regret? Yes, I regret nothing.

No, I post on a forum. Whereby thoughts and views are exchanged, some even have no thought, like the OP. He referred to someone in this thread as Forrest, as if the person suggesting being goaded into a race was wrong is an idiot for saying so, and the OP was somehow right for actually racing because it was Holden.

You see yet where both you and he, are the tools you profess, can you spell Autistic.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #70
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Are you ok???????

1) You have never driven a high powered car?

2) You own a high powered car but have never driven it?

3) You own and drive a high powered car but not once have you EVER been tempted to speed in it?

4) You own a high powered car and thrash it occasionly like most car enthusiasts?

5) You are just a bull s#%t artist and hypocrite who would have done exactly what he did if you felt it was safe to do so?

6) You are a strange and rare breed of car enthusiast who has never once in his life engaged in something stupid that you regret?

Or maybe he just wasn't loved as a child... :

They come in all sorts here. :
Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #71
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
No, I post on a forum. Whereby thoughts and views are exchanged, some even have no thought, like the OP. He referred to someone in this thread as Forrest, as if the person suggesting being goaded into a race was wrong is an idiot for saying so, and the OP was somehow right for actually racing because it was Holden.

You see yet where both you and he, are the tools you profess, can you spell Autistic.
No need to get upset that someone called your Boyfriend forrest....

only tool here is the one and your boyfriend use....
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #72
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
He referred to someone in this thread as Forrest, as if the person suggesting being goaded into a race was wrong is an idiot for saying so, and the OP was somehow right for actually racing because it was Holden.

If you think a post is derogatory report it.

I believe DABOSS was making a point regarding owning a performance car and was not in fact condoning street racing.

Either way, he does not deserve a tirade of personal attacks.

I suggest any further discussion go to pm as this is going nowhere.
Closed Thread