Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Forget About The Faarkin Ford Vs Holden Thing!!!!!

How Many People Here Have Mates With Holdens And Have A Good Beer And A Spiel With Them????

Stop This Senseless Biatching!!??

The Real Battle Is Aussie Muscle Vs Ricer!

Ford And Holden Fans Need To Stick Together!!!
Old 31-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #32
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might have to go on for a little s^!t stirring.....

XE project underway
Old 31-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #33
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatxagt
Bisexual???
lol, good one :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
Old 31-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #34
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
You see that's where the Holden man and the Ford man are quite different.

I've had 7 or 8 Falcons (and nothing else) in my 25 years of driving and honestly could have gone the other way on more than one occasion. As I see it Commodores and Falcons as very simialr cars on many levels targeting and attracting similar markets. For that reason most of us Ford guys would never bag Holden. We just love cars full stop and don't let it become personal.

Us Ford guys are more mature and probably love cars more than we love the brand.

I'd always applaud a nice Commodore at the lights next to me or congratulate a Holden owner at a servo on his nice ride...However I can't ever see a Holden owner doing that to a Falcon owner in reverse situations. Seeme they have a point to prove and a nasty chip on the shoulder
spot on mate. i don't know what it is, it's like they are full of hatred and it is only a reflection on their insecurities.

last time i went to warwick for the historics races, we cruised there with my old next door neighbour who has a beautiful HT Monaro, myself in the LTD a nice HZ 308 in mint condition and a guy in one of the new Monaros.

my old neighbour and the guy in the HZ are in their 50's and they're quite civil when it comes to cars, they can appreciate the effort put into a car regardless of brand, but the guy in the late model Monaro was really getting up my nose... driving like an idiot on the way there, then talking crap about fords, f'n this, f'n that when we were at the races, total bogan. there's your typical holden tool that so many of us have come across over the years.

what can you do? not much really. no point getting down to their level. you simply can't educate pork.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:43 AM   #35
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unco
spot on mate. i don't know what it is, it's like they are full of hatred and it is only a reflection on their insecurities.
What can you do? not much really. no point getting down to their level. you simply can't educate pork.
I belong to 2 Forums , this one & a GMH one . I've never been "Put Down" here for owning a Holden , but 2 of the members on the GMH Forum said " I had No Right" belonging to the GMH Forum because I was Not a Dedicated Holden Person ? I must say this was not LS1 , but a site dedicated to certain older models , and yet when I went to one of their "meets" , there was just as much interest in my Ford as My Holden .( My FC Holden is very RARE).
I don't take sides , they've all made "Duds" as well as good ones . I just love car's , Ford , Holden , Chrysler , stock or modified , whatever .

"One-Eyed , Brand Specific" fanatics have no imagination as far as I'm concerned . Appreciate a car for what it is , Not the badge on it .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 01-11-2007, 01:53 AM   #36
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
The Real Battle Is Aussie Muscle Vs Ricer!

Ford And Holden Fans Need To Stick Together!!!
Hahahaha that's way too true.

As much as I don't really like Holdens, I prefer Fords, I would much rather see a "nice" commo on the road as opposed to a POS import!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #37
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats pure gold on the commonwhores site
Agreed, hahaha

Some of the better quotes
Quote:
my mate works in the spare parts at ford and reckons fords are only good for boat anchors!!!
Quote:
i have a mate who works at ford and he has told me that the cobra is little more than a con
So don't worry, they are well informed ;)
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 AM   #38
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
We have our fair share of Holden bashing threads on this site
We sure have, over the past 2 years ive started at least 3 of them.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #39
strik9
aka fpv747

just read the link. sh##t i was a offended. considering a commodore has,nt been past me in the last3yrs. even when my phoons were,nt running right. lol and i owned a 2007 senator, i thought it was average at best, didn,t do a thing for me performance wise,traded it at a loss of 8 grand to get another foon. it did have a nice interior. thats my view. if i had a manual it may have been different. but compare the zf box to whatever they have in the holden? its stone age. like driving a tracter
Old 01-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #40
plext
Forum Director

Every automotive site has zealots, they are seldom pretty no matter the flag they are flying.

Going there to cause trouble will only bring it back here, any members here doing so will be viewed in a very dim light.

Yes, that is a warning.
Closed Thread