Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Default How much for a Cast and Camber kit.

So my front tyres are getting killed by my ride height as there is a significant amount of camber which means the inside of the tyre is wearing away fast.

I was wondering who has put one of these kits on their falcon and how much does it cost?

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Also do you need a kit for all four wheels or just the front two??

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 22-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

My gess is you have an au ?
from my expirience you shouldnt need a kit as there should be enough thread on the existing bolts . Just add shims to get your required setting .Any good alighnment place should do this for you withought trying to sting ya with a camber kit. cheers mick.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

I was refering to the front not rear .
Old 22-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

about 160 a side from memory.. maybe more..
available from fulcrum..nolathane(both available from supercheap).. kmac? and pedders
Old 22-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Is that standard not needing the camber kit or once you lower it??

Old 22-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
sly
Sly like a G6

I needed new upper arm bushes 2 months ago. A camber kit with nolathane bushes from Repco cost less than 2 bushes from Ford, I think it was $120 or $160 all up, ie both sides. But yeah if you can just shim the existing brackets you'll be laughing.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 03:16 AM   #8
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Sprjenkins Both,the kit is there if you have alot off negative camber and mainly 4 ea to el as they dont have enough thread to ad shims.(when lowering increases negative camber) and you can buy replacement top arm bushes from pedders. cheers mick
Old 24-09-2007, 03:22 AM   #9
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
Is that standard not needing the camber kit or once you lower it??
Mainly onced you lowered it ... and mostly only needed for Wagons and Utes, Rare in Sedans unless you have IRS ... will set you back about $350-$400 installed
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post